Looking for my Arturia KeyLab in Carla

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Vajrabone
Established Member

Looking for my Arturia KeyLab in Carla

Post by Vajrabone »

I'm watching the video of the creator of Carla Plugin Host and his midi controller seems like it just comes up in the patchbay window, am I missing a step?

I have an Arturia KeyLab 61 MKII and qjackctl sees it but it isn't showing up in Carla ver 2.4.2

palchomidas

Re: Looking for my Arturia KeyLab in Carla

Post by palchomidas »

I also have an arturia minilab. I've got the arturia synths to work in WINE in Ubuntu 22.04 and Reaper. But I also can't get the Arturia minilab to work. THe lights come on. It is recognized under devices in Linux. But then it does nothing at all. I've even gone into the Arturia activation software and activated the minilab. But still no juice.

Vajrabone
Established Member

Post by Vajrabone »

Yeah, what's confusing for me is that the Arturia KeyLab works in Ardour, works great really but doesn't come up in Carla which seems like the killer app for running samplers and effects in live situations. Will try with other keyboards and see if they show up. Basically I spent $500 for a pitch bender cause I'm not that worried about all the faders and buttons.

Would be nice if Carla had a little more support, maybe a manual...?

Will report back my findings if there are any...

:)

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

Did you configure Carla to use Alsa, PulseAudio, Jack audio or PipeWire?

Vajrabone
Established Member

Post by Vajrabone »

I think it came default using jack.

However, I just set up another Latitude computer withUbuntu Studio 24.04LTS and it sees my Arturia so I'm off and running! Woo Hoo!

Also the Carla is version 2.5.2 so that might have fixed it

Now I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get my SF2 files to list the different instruments like Ardour does.

In Ardour, when you load a SF2 file in ACE Fluid, it populates the drop down lists for 16 midi channels that can select all the different voices but Carla seems to only have one instrument per file, any tips on getting that to populate in Carla?