Arturia Midi Driver - has anybody got it working in WINE? (subject amended)

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Arturia Midi Driver - has anybody got it working in WINE? (subject amended)

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

mrz80 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 pm
Linuxmusician01 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am
mrz80 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:21 pm

Well, I've finally given up...

Forgive me for asking, but for what exactly does one need the Arturia software Midi Control Centre (and thus Arturia's Midi driver) for the Keylab49 keyboard that you use? Only to change hardware settings or to actually use it as a Midi keyboard? Like others said - and as has been described in this here topic - one can install the Arturia software (which also installs the driver) in a virtual machine.

Is one able to use an Arturia Keylab 49 as a Midi keyboard without having to install a special driver? I.e. is is class compliant?

If all you want is a keyboard (with aftertouch, nice) and the pitch and mod wheels then yes, you can very happily use the Keylab49 without MIDI Control Center. And like I've said, it's a REALLY nice piece of hardware with a superior keybed. But if you want to use Analog Lab (a truly comprehensive collection of virtual instruments and patches) or do things like juggling CC values of knobs, changing the min/max ranges of controls, etc., then you've got to have Control Center. And I'm just not willing to put up with the hassle of firing up VirtualBox and booting a Windows VM just to tweak some parameters on the device. Eh, call me lazy. :lol:

Aha. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Like I might have said: I have a small Arturia Midi keyboard too. Mine is Midi class compliant but there are "revisions" of it that ain't. They have exactly the same exterior and come in the same box etc. So I'd never recommend their stuff to anybody. Mine also requires additional software to configure what the knobs do. I threw away the free synth emulation software that came with it: I've got my own favourite plug-ins already. The config app is a very old one that'll run in Wine. I almost never have to use it because I set the (limited set of) settings only once.

unknown2374
Established Member

Re: Arturia Midi Driver - has anybody got it working in WINE? (subject amended)

Post by unknown2374 »

I had a similar issue, but with an arturia audiofuse interface. Ultimately I now just have a qemu windows instance suspended at all times, that I pass my interface through to if I ever need to configure it (usually mixer routing). But it's rare enough that it's not an impediment to my workflow.

DAW: Ardour 8.x
Audio Interface: Arturia Audiofuse Studio
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/@oishikplays/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oishikplays/