My (aka Ben Enkindle) newest trance release, plus other electronic experiments

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

elcalen
Established Member

My (aka Ben Enkindle) newest trance release, plus other electronic experiments

Post by elcalen »

Hiya! Been a while since I posted any of my stuff here. Over the last couple years I've been honing my skills at making electronic music, slowly improving, and self-releasing the results. I've just released my latest EP of trance tracks, titled "Tail of Ice". Ben Enkindle is the artist name I use for these releases, and the music can be found on a variety of platforms. Can't say I've found much of an audience; I really suck at self-promotion. :mrgreen:

I'm not looking for feedback or anything like that right now, just posting in case someone finds any of this interesting. I definitely don't consider myself a pro at this stuff yet, but every release improves some aspect of my workflow. All my music is made entirely on Linux with native software. I use REAPER as my DAW, with a variety of both free and proprietary plugins. The full list would be too long, but some major ones include plugins from U-he, Vital, TAL, LSP, Airwindows etc...

Here's a playlist on YouTube featuring the both latest EP as well as some of my earlier dance tracks (mostly trance, and a few more house-y tracks): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 92AekBEMJt

And here's another YouTube playlist with more chill-out/downtempo oriented tracks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... iRkGJUvUXN

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: My (aka Ben Enkindle) newest trance release, plus other electronic experiments

Post by glowrak guy »

I like how these songs expand as they go, with lots of energy and surprises. The sound choices are fine, quite evocative, and very guitar-practice friendly. There's enough going on in each song, without pointless distractions 'just because'. Four down, and will hear the rest soon...
Cheers

elcalen
Established Member

Re: My (aka Ben Enkindle) newest trance release, plus other electronic experiments

Post by elcalen »

Thank you! The techniques I use are of course pretty standard in much of dance music. Gentler breakdown providing breathing space, gradually building up to the energetic drop. Straightforward melodies with lots of repetition, so it's all about creating enough subtle variation to keep it interesting, and ensuring the sounds are top notch. This isn't intended to be fine art that you sit down and listen to, it's meant to be a beat that gets you moving.

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.