Carla and yabridge clashing

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

markofthewild
Established Member

Carla and yabridge clashing

Post by markofthewild »

When i refresh carla i get errors from yabridge. I have never install yabridge. so i followed all the instructions online and got rid of it, or so i thought. I get the same error when scanning plugins in mixbus 8

how can i fix these errors?

I use ubuntu studio 22.04

Screenshot_20240326_110934.png
Screenshot_20240326_110934.png (173.2 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Screenshot_20240326_110503.png
Screenshot_20240326_110503.png (220.42 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Rodney
Established Member

Re: Carla and yabridge clashing

Post by Rodney »

Despite Ubuntu Studio being a great OS, for serious business I highly recommend AvLinux, it's Far more Stable and really well built. Check The New version, it's Just been released.

Att.: Rodney

markofthewild
Established Member

Post by markofthewild »

not a fan of the enlightenment desktop

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

go into ~/.vst ~/.vst3 and ~/.clap and if there are any folders called "yabridge" remove them.

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

markofthewild wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 pm

When i refresh carla i get errors from yabridge. I have never install yabridge. so i followed all the instructions online and got rid of it, or so i thought. I get the same error when scanning plugins in mixbus 8

how can i fix these errors?

I use ubuntu studio 22.04
Screenshot_20240326_110934.png

Screenshot_20240326_110503.png

Only God knows how Ubuntu Studio works. The screenshots are nice, but I can't read the small letters in the error messages because I can't click on 'm to get 'm to display to in larger size... Zooming in doesn't help much either because the resolution is too low then.

Anyway, I can see from all the error messages, that Yabridge merciless throws at you, that the "scanning process" cannot locate the Yabridge executables. Yabridge itself tells you to run:

Code: Select all

yabridgectl sync

You could try that. However, using two bridging softwares at the same time (Yabridge and Carla) might lead to problems (but then again, it might not ... dunno). You can ask in a Ubuntu Studio forum how to uninstall Yabrigde and all the .so files it created. Or stop using Carla. Or hope that somebody here knows how Ubuntu Studio actually works and tells you how to do that.

Good luck w/ the puzzling! :)

P.S. Or do what Largos suggested (he's on my ignore-list so I didn't see his post)

markofthewild
Established Member

Post by markofthewild »

Largos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

go into ~/.vst ~/.vst3 and ~/.clap and if there are any folders called "yabridge" remove them.

already did that and no luck

markofthewild
Established Member

Post by markofthewild »

Anyway, I can see from all the error messages, that Yabridge merciless throws at you, that the "scanning process" cannot locate the Yabridge executables. Yabridge itself tells you to run:

Code: Select all

yabridgectl sync

You could try that. However, using two bridging softwares at the same time (Yabridge and Carla) might lead to problems (but then again, it might not ... dunno). You can ask in a Ubuntu Studio forum how to uninstall Yabrigde and all the .so files it created. Or stop using Carla. Or hope that somebody here knows how Ubuntu Studio actually works and tells you how to do that.

I am not trying to use both at once. I do not want to use yabridge and have tried to uninstall it. i didnt install it. I think ubuntu studio did and i have not found a ubuntu studio forum. i have deleted everything i can find about yabridge.

I tried av linux but HATED the enlightenment desktop and am comfortable (at the moment) with it.

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

markofthewild wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:27 pm

[...]
I tried av linux but HATED the enlightenment desktop and am comfortable (at the moment) with it.

(X)Ubuntu? There's nothing you can't do with with the average basic Linux distro that you can do with music specific distro's. It may take some more effort to set up though...

novalix
Established Member

Post by novalix »

Hi,

while there exists a wine bridge for carla, using carla doesn't mean one has a means to use win plugins per se. You will have to configure carla to do so and last time i checked you even had to install an extra package for that. And then the yabridge tool arguably does the better job in that regard.

From what i could gather from your screenshots carla is not configured to bridge win plugins on your system and obviously you want to use some which are located at non canonical places.

Could you please describe what you are trying to achieve.

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

markofthewild wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:16 pm
Largos wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

already did that and no luck

In your vst folders, are there any files called DSK Brass.so etc, the ones shown in the error messages? They should be somewhere and causing the error messages. Deleting those if they are there should fix the problem.

What yabridge does is create a linux vst/vst3 and it links to the windows version. This allows it to show up and work like a native plugin for applications that don't use wine. If there is some wine update, then this error comes up until yabridge is updated. Either that or the source file is deleted.

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

You can sync with a yabridgectl sync --prune option to clean out old outdated cruft in the yabridge VST folders if you have stale so-files from a previous version..

In ugly old AV Linux :lol: the YADbridge utility does this with "Sync Plugins (Clean)"