Hello!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

intersash

Hello!

Post by intersash »

Hello!

I'm reluctant to give my actual first name on the internet, so you can call me Sash. :)

I'm from and still live in the northeastern U.S. and judging from a few of the other posts I've seen on this introduction board alone in the short 20 minutes I've spent here since creating this account, I suspect I am on the younger side, still in my early 20s (but I could be wrong!).

I will admit right off the bat: I do not own/use and have never owned/used a device with the Linux operating system. So why am I here? Well, I studied classical composition in university, and fell into the world of electronic music during that time. I did not finish my degree, took a year off, and now I'm going back to finish that degree, but since then my knowledge of computers/programming has become far more advanced, and I have saved up money to purchase a new laptop device with Linux as its OS, as I'm very much attracted to its customizability and low-level features, and I'm curious about its capabilities in the realm of music composition and audio engineering, as that is what I intend to use this device for, thus I've come to this forum as part of my research.

Glad to be here!

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

intersash wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:06 am

[...] and I have saved up money to purchase a new laptop device with Linux as its OS [...]

Which laptop did you buy? Laptops were in the old days less well supported because of "special"/"not your average basic" chips (wifi, bluetooth, graphics, etc). I always have a hard time finding one that'll 100% work perfect w/ Linux.

Welcome and good luck Linux-ing. :)

berlin
Established Member

Post by berlin »

hello there :D

Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

I think you would like Pure Data, then. Welcome :D

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!