Hello!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

INPC
Established Member

Hello!

Post by INPC »

Audio engineer and music maker from the UK here, working for a small but long running Indie label/studio. I'm still very much in Mac world using an M1 machine so need to find a stable distro and set of plugins I'm happy with. Like many places, much of our work is ITB but there's still a lot of analogue mixing.

I'm a Plugin Alliance subscriber and much as I like their stuff, the whole Apple thing has been troubling me for a long time! I'm bugging PA about Linux, if they start to support Linux I could pretty much switch tomorrow! We recently swicthed

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn from you, I know a better future awaits, I'm just not quite there yet. :)

Other things I'll need to know. Can I set up an old Lynx Aurora? A Orion Antelope, these are the two interfaces I predominantly use. Then the OS itself, I'm guessing Asahi at this stage due to the M1?

I've just seen a Rasta distro which blew my mind, anyone using Fabiene's Prophecy rhythm to promo their software gets a huge thumbs up from me!

At work we do a LOT of Dub but my personal tastes are wide ranging and I have a couple of 'Trip Hop/Electronica' projects of my own.

Basslint
Established Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! I think you could give Linux a try even if your favorite stuff isn't there yet. Who knows, maybe you will find something else you like :D

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!