LSP momo sampler

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

LSP momo sampler

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey, anyone knows if layers for multi velocity are loaded into the LSP samplers if the different layers will be played?
I mean softer hit meaning a softer or quieter sample will be hit and visa versa for heavy or harder hit.
I have different velocity single hits from my drummer's kit so that way if I can't clean up the bleed of cymbals, etc., in the track, then samples I will use. The thing is I need the velocity of each hit so it doesn't sound like those 80s drum machines.

mcord
Established Member

Re: LSP momo sampler

Post by mcord »

To my understanding, you need to load the samples with different velocities into each slot, marked as Sample 0-7. So, you load the sample with the loudest drum hit as Sample 0 and the softest as Sample 7. (In the screenshot, click on Sample 0 to switch between slots, which is on the left, under MIDI number.)

Then, on the right where it says Sample Matrix, you can fine tune the velocity amount, which determines which sample will be triggered when.

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

mcord wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 pm

To my understanding, you need to load the samples with different velocities into each slot, marked as Sample 0-7. So, you load the sample with the loudest drum hit as Sample 0 and the softest as Sample 7. (In the screenshot, click on Sample 0 to switch between slots, which is on the left, under MIDI number.)

Then, on the right where it says Sample Matrix, you can fine tune the velocity amount, which determines which sample will be triggered when.

That was exactly my understanding too and that's exactly what I did but no matter the velocity that you can see in the wave file when you look on the plugin where it says listen you'll see what's being triggered and the largest part of the wave file to the quietest still only hits the first one at the same velocity. I've got four samples loaded from loud to quiet or the quietest and for instance when the drummer is doing a gallop with the kick drum of course the first note is not as loud as the second one and you can actually see it in the waveform but when it triggers it's still triggers only the loudest even when it's the quiet part playing.

sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Have you recorded MIDI notes that are passed to the sampler? The reason may be that all of them have the same velocity.

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sadko4u wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:56 pm

Have you recorded MIDI notes that are passed to the sampler? The reason may be that all of them have the same velocity.

No I didn't but I was thinking exactly that. Have it triggered by that. I was trying to get it done with your plugin because the one from Robin which I think it's kick drum trigger something like that that triggers everything that's sent to it without using midi and it just was not sending the multi-velocity hits.

I will convert the kick drum wave file to midi and try triggering with that and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again Vladimir!