A Puff Piece

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

A Puff Piece

Post by folderol »

Today marks exactly ten years since the first commit I made to Yoshimi after having been plonked in the hot seat, having virtually been told to sit there by a certain Mr J.B. I said at the time I'll try to keep it going until someone comes along who knows what they're doing.

Well, while I've been waiting, it seems a small but very good little band of helpers has formed, and to mix metaphors, what was once a somewhat creaky cargo ship has transformed into a smart cruiser, and we're far from finished yet!

So, this is not about me, it's a shout for everyone that's helped get us where we are now, including those who simply report problems and speeling eras :P right down to those who simply use Yoshimi.

The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
colinmuse

Re: A Puff Piece

Post by colinmuse »

Nice, 10 years well spent 8)

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

folderol wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:38 pm

Today marks exactly ten years since the first commit I made to Yoshimi after having been plonked in the hot seat, having virtually been told to sit there by a certain Mr J.B. I said at the time I'll try to keep it going until someone comes along who knows what they're doing.

Well, while I've been waiting, it seems a small but very good little band of helpers has formed, and to mix metaphors, what was once a somewhat creaky cargo ship has transformed into a smart cruiser, and we're far from finished yet!

So, this is not about me, it's a shout for everyone that's helped get us where we are now, including those who simply report problems and speeling eras :P right down to those who simply use Yoshimi.

Congratulations and a big thank you for carrying the torch for this great program!! I greatly appreciate it! 🙂

Locynaeh
Established Member

Post by Locynaeh »

Congratulations for these ten years !

I take the opportunity to also thank you and all the Yoshimi team across the years (so also ZynAddSubFX :) ) to have created what is simply today my favorite synthesizer. A wonderful project, a really good documentation, a focus on accessibility which is so rare; entire songs and albums made with it...just thank you !

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

Thanks for the great work to you and all others involved :) Yoshimi is one of my favourite synths to use.