Jorgan - how to send preset changes from a DAW. (Solved)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

alex stone
Established Member

Jorgan - how to send preset changes from a DAW. (Solved)

Post by alex stone »

I'm currently experimenting with Jorgan, and have a question for the millions of Jorgan users.

I have set up presets for each rank in the English Cathedral disposition.

I'd like to switch presets per rank using midi CC messages from inside a DAW midi editor, in this case Muse4.
I have 5 tracks corresponding to the 4 manuals and pedals.

Track 1 is assigned to the "Solo" rank. (No Star Wars reference intended)

I can create a connection to presets (the customize wizard in Jorgan acknowledges the receipt of some sort of message) by manually pressing notes, with the mouse, on the vertical keyboard in the midi editor, but the presets will not change if I add a corresponding note in the canvas, in bar 1. The presets are setup (allegedly) from C0 to A0, representing the "clear" preset at C0, and the 5 preset options for various combinations of stops from D0 to A0.

I have tried adding a note at D0, to activate preset 1, then clearing it with C0, before adding a note at E0. None of this works.

Any clues?

EDIT: With a lot of help from the team over at the Jorgan mailing list, my Jorgan dispositions can now receive program changes (and in the case of Qtractor, notes in a dedicated track to trigger pistons) from Muse4.

Thanks to Rick, John, and Marc-Paul for the assist.