I can not record a midi file with Rosegarde 1.6.1

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cx1964
Established Member

I can not record a midi file with Rosegarde 1.6.1

Post by cx1964 »

I want to record a midi file with my Roland digital piano and Rosegarden. But it does not work.

I use Ubuntu hardy (8.0.4) with Rosegarden 1.6.1 and usb midiman.

My midiman is working, because I am able to play a midi file with Rosegarden on my external Roland digital piano. Although jack is running, I can not record a midi file in Rosegarden with my Roland. I read some articles on the internet and I read the Rosegarden help. But still it does not work. What I am doing wrong?

khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

hy
did u connect @ Rosegarden (audio/midi setting - select the midi dev && select 2 track) and look maybe jackctl ...
cx1964 wrote:I am able to play a midi file with Rosegarden on my external Roland digital piano
hmmm hit "rec" button?
FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.

cx1964
Established Member

Post by cx1964 »

I select a track. Then I arm the track for recording (select the right button, so that it is yellow). At track Parameters I select 20:1 Midisport 2x2 MIDI2 as recording device.
Then I start recording. Then I see Rosegarden paint a yellow bar.
When I stop recording the yellow bar disappears.

studio32
Established Member

Post by studio32 »

Sorry I don't know much of this topic. But if you can't find the answer here, you sure find it here: http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/support/
and I think the mailinglist is a good option.

Success!! :)
Non-Session-Manager | FYI: Arch Linux / KXstudio do offer graphically less optimized packages (without NTK toolkit) of the original NSM GUI since June 2020. Original NSM GUI with NTK toolkit here

studio32
Established Member

Post by studio32 »

Did you solve your problem?

Maybe it's also a good idea to upgrade to 1.7.1
Non-Session-Manager | FYI: Arch Linux / KXstudio do offer graphically less optimized packages (without NTK toolkit) of the original NSM GUI since June 2020. Original NSM GUI with NTK toolkit here