Carla not saving cache

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Carla not saving cache

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

I've been using Carla for some years now, but only recently have I had this problem: Every time I start Carla, when I add my first plugin, it has to scan for new plugins... and it thinks they're all new. If I stop it early, they're mostly unfound.

Code: Select all

Have 28 Internal, 511 LADSPA, 17 DSSI, 645 LV2, 0 VST2, 0 VST3, 0 CLAP and 0 JSFX plugins, plus 0 Sound Kits

I'm using Arch Linux, and carla-git from the AUR. There have been some other issues with the .git, namely that it keeps thinking it's a new version... I wonder if those are related. I wonder if it's writing the cache in some password-protected part of my drive. I wonder if I should mention this on the Carla AUR page. I wonder if I should just go back to the regular repo instead of up-to-date .git version.

Life is full of uncertainty.

LAM
Established Member

Re: Carla not saving cache

Post by LAM »

ZestieBumwhig wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:08 pm

I'm using Arch Linux, and carla-git from the AUR. There have been some other issues with the .git, namely that it keeps thinking it's a new version... I wonder if those are related. I wonder if it's writing the cache in some password-protected part of my drive. I wonder if I should mention this on the Carla AUR page. I wonder if I should just go back to the regular repo instead of up-to-date .git version.

I switched back to Carla "stable" (2.5.7), after a couple of years of using carla-git, for this reason. Carla 2.6 is going to have reworked plugin management. There are also other things that don't work well yet, like latest Surge XT or the wine bridge.

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Re: Carla not saving cache

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

Ah ha, exACTly the sort of helpful first-hand anecdote I was hoping for. Thank you, @LAM, for your perspective! I shall join you in less-cutting-edge Carla'ing.