What did they do to the hydrogen piano roll

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

negistr

What did they do to the hydrogen piano roll

Post by negistr »

Finally updated to ubuntu 22.04. I see the new changes they had made to hydrogen, mostly small new features. I noticed they reworked how the piano roll works now too. Unless i'm misunderstanding, did they change it so you can no longer actually click to place notes while in the piano roll? It seems that now you can only drag notes. Cant tell if i'm missing something new in the software. Figured I'd turn here because there's not really any resource to go to. any help would be appreciated

RyanH
Established Member

Re: What did they do to the hydrogen piano roll

Post by RyanH »

I am on Ubuntu Studio 22.04, which came with Hydrogen version 1.1.1. The piano roll works as you expect it to in my installation. I fiddled around a bit to see if I could recreate your issue, for example by toggling a couple of settings on/off, but I couldn't. I'm able to place new notes in the piano roll.

I see that Ubuntu 23.04 comes with Hydrogen version 1.2.0-beta1+dfsg-1, so if for some reason you have that version it could be a bug.