Avoid realtime sample rate conversion

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Avoid realtime sample rate conversion

Post by sysrqer »

Which daw crashed?

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Sample rate conversion is usually done during load in the worker thread, not during play, so it have nothing to do with the realtime thread which play the samples.
You may notice that your DAW will warn you about when you load a project which didn't match the current sample rate and inform you that it will convert it to match it.
When loading samples into a existing project which didn't match the sample rate the DAW will convert them silently to match.
I never experience a issue with that in what ever DAW I used.
There might be other aspects which leads your DAW to crash, but we will never find out as you are sure you've indicate the issue.

On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

artix_linux_user wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:44 am

You seem so smart that you think you can explain the world to me, yeah thats nice.

You are wrong, I didn't try that and will never try to do.

There is a thing called logic - when stuff is working and I can play with the stuff for hours, days and weeks.
And then, I am using 44.1 samples and it is crashing and then I am using 48 again and its ok.

There is a thing called "source code", that is what shows you what's going on. What you call logic here is just view on it by limited resources. It may be that your DAW (which ever you use) having issues when you load samples which didn't match the sample rate of your project. But, that isn't a general thing at all and could be surly fixed in the source code itself. It may as well been some pointers in the timeline which jump out of bounds, it could be some memory corruption, it could be . . . However.

Even a god like you can make a big mistake from time to time, and because you are so convinced about yourself, you will find out when it is much too late.

Dito.

Really, this attitude is bad, really, really bad

As I said, my experience didn't cover what you tell here and I write that regardless if you like it or not. Remember, this is a forum were people exchange there experiences.

Next time you think you are smart and wanna tell some one, write a letter to god, thats prolly the best you could do then.

I've better things to do with my time. Also, please stop going aggressive and personal, that's a real bad habit and wouldn't help to prove your point.
It isn't a new concept that different people have different experiences and therewith different conclusions. Mine differ from yours, that's all.

On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

artix_linux_user wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:25 am

So, you dont want me to be personal and then you claim that I am aggressive, wow.

No, I said your tone is aggressive first, and then you go personal on top. That is bad habit.

artix_linux_user wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:25 am

And yeah, this is my advice

My advice is: when you notice a Bug in a Software you use regularly, report it to the developers which wrote it. They may be interested in fixing it. Instead you wrote a thread in a forum and advise people to simply avoid a special task to overcome a special Bug you've noticed. You didn't tell in which DAW you noticed that but conclude it for all DAW's.
In my opinion that is short viewed. In long terms we could only go better by fix Bug's instead work around them.

On the road again.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Only I don't see the original post?
Also I can not visit the page of artix_linux_user, the site does not respond.

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

sadko4u wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:07 am

Only I don't see the original post?
Also I can not visit the page of artix_linux_user, the site does not respond.

Yeah same here. I'd rather the thread be removed than show me as the OP since it wasn't me.

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

seems like this user is gone and have take all his posts with him.

On the road again.
mikasa23

Post by mikasa23 »

I can't see the question. What happened?