Sorry to be back so soon but hopefully it will be worth your while..
Regarding the AVL-Drumkits Hydrogen and SFZ versions there is only a minor but potentially important change... The Ride Cymbal Bell was included in the Ride exclusive mute group and as it turns out in daily use that doesn't really pan out.. Drummers often play offbeats on the Ride Bell between hits on the beat on the Ride cymbal itself, when the Bell is in the mute group it cuts off the Ride beats and sounds pretty damned awful..
So I have removed the Ride Bell from the Ride exclusive mute group and I have refreshed the SFZ and H2 download folders on the AVL Drumkits Website with the fixed versions...
Now, the plot thickens with the SF2 (Soundfont2) versions and the LV2 Plugins...
For refererence: https://discourse.ardour.org/t/ardour-a ... f/109141/1
In using my own Plugins for production (actually I rarely have used them until recently) I encountered an issue where the Ride cymbals sounded weird if I programmed a beat in energyXT or Hydrogen and then imported it into Ardour to use with the AVL-Drumkits LV2 Plugin... So through further investigation it became clear that the Soundfont2 specification is so old now that it still only supports 16 character filenames and my sample filenames were exceeding 16 characters and Polyphone (the popular Soundfont Editor) was truncating and mangling my sample filenames to the point that is was cutting off the numerical part of the filename which determine what the order of the samples are for the velocity layers. The negative effect of this was that where the loudest highest velocity sample was placed ended up being the quietest lowest velocity sample... Things had been this way for many years unknown to myself or Robin (Gareus).
So I fixed this by renaming and renumbering all samples from all of the SF2 kits with a much shorter generic naming scheme. Because of this the SF2 versions (which are what is also used in the LV2 Plugin) now have completely different sample filenames than the H2 and SFZ versions so SF2 and the LV2 Plugins will now be separate entities and may not continue to be developed in parallel all at the same time. The SF2 versions will essentially always be available broken out from the LV2 Plugin for people just looking for the Soundfont2 version..
I have passed the changes on to Robin the LV2 Plugin version developer and once some more testing is done he will be releasing these fixes in an updated AVL-Drumkits-LV2 on his website here:
In the meantime the fixed SF2's and the mentioned minor updates to the SFZ and H2 versions are available on the AVL-Drumkits website, note there is now a 'midnam' file for the Buskman's Holiday percussion kit here