MusE has probs loading synths, saving sliders

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

Impostor
Established Member

Re: MusE has probs loading synths, saving sliders

Post by Impostor »

Tutorius wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:36 am

Its not possible to get DrumGizmo working then. It does not produce a sound, even when the samples are reloaded.

Have you tried using a 16 channel Carla plugin to load DrumGizmo in? That seems to work. (cursory test)

Tutorius
Established Member

Post by Tutorius »

No, i have not tried it...
its a bit (its a translated german saying) like shooting from the back through the chest into the eye... :)
Give it a try... erhaps all synths into Carla?
I have started with muse as a sequencer and connecting through an external Carla. The mixing inside Carla is less comfortable... And i needed two files, obe for muse, one for Carla.

Impostor wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:55 pm
Tutorius wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:36 am

Its not possible to get DrumGizmo working then. It does not produce a sound, even when the samples are reloaded.

Have you tried using a 16 channel Carla plugin to load DrumGizmo in? That seems to work. (cursory test)

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Tutorius wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:06 pm

The mixing inside Carla is less comfortable... And i needed two files, obe for muse, one for Carla.

Not if you use the Carla plugin inside MusE. Then it's simply a sort of sandbox for Drumgizmo. The only thing you'd need to do in Carla itself is connect the midi in and 16 audio outs of DGizmo to Carla's midi in and 16 audio out ports, and to interact with the DGizmo GUI. All settings you do in Carla will be saved by MusE, and all mixing will be done in MusE the same way as when you'd use DGizmo directly. No need to save the Carla setup independently.

Tutorius
Established Member

Post by Tutorius »

Impostor wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Tutorius wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:06 pm

The mixing inside Carla is less comfortable... And i needed two files, obe for muse, one for Carla.

Not if you use the Carla plugin inside MusE. Then it's simply a sort of sandbox for Drumgizmo. The only thing you'd need to do in Carla itself is connect the midi in and 16 audio outs of DGizmo to Carla's midi in and 16 audio out ports, and to interact with the DGizmo GUI. All settings you do in Carla will be saved by MusE, and all mixing will be done in MusE the same way as when you'd use DGizmo directly. No need to save the Carla setup independently.

At the time i was working this way i did not even know that synths could be added in MusE... :)

Tutorius
Established Member

Post by Tutorius »

It is not working (complete) with Drum-Gizmo "sandboxed" in Carla.
The slider-values for many audio-groups are not loaded and are set to zero DB. The Calf-Effects seem to be loaded OK.
This version was altered a bit, a Sidechain-effect was added.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/odnv40m8 ... yxtgy&dl=0

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Tutorius wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:54 pm

It is not working (complete) with Drum-Gizmo "sandboxed" in Carla.
The slider-values for many audio-groups are not loaded and are set to zero DB. The Calf-Effects seem to be loaded OK.
This version was altered a bit, a Sidechain-effect was added.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/odnv40m8 ... yxtgy&dl=0

And yet, although I had to add DGizmo manually (don't know why: maybe we have different versions. I have the master lv2 selfbuilt. Or we have different Carla versions/settings) and resave, here the mixers then load as follows (tracks 20,21,22,27,28,29 are set to -60dB intentionally?):

Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-09-02 23-23-58.png
Screenshot from 2023-09-02 23-23-58.png (81.22 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Tutorius
Established Member

Post by Tutorius »

It works on my second Arch-Linux-installation, i think its not easy possible to find out why the first system brings that problems. I think it has do do with the Carla-version i use. On my second (working) system i use Carla-Git, on the first i use Carla.