AVLinux doesn't register second monitor

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rothdu
Established Member

AVLinux doesn't register second monitor

Post by rothdu »

I know I might get better support on the main MX linux forums, but I thought I'd start by asking here.
I've recently installed AV linux, and am keen to get testing with some audio production software.

One major setback - my second monitor doesn't seem to be recognised by the system.

My main monitor is on a NVIDIA GTX1650. I've installed the proprietary drivers.Second monitor is on the Intel Integrated graphics.

Anyone have any advice and/or have a good place I can look to resolve the issue? My searching thus far hasn't yielded useful results.

sunrat
Established Member

Re: AVLinux doesn't register second monitor

Post by sunrat »

rothdu wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:53 am

I know I might get better support on the main MX linux forums, but I thought I'd start by asking here.
I've recently installed AV linux, and am keen to get testing with some audio production software.

One major setback - my second monitor doesn't seem to be recognised by the system.

My main monitor is on a NVIDIA GTX1650. I've installed the proprietary drivers.Second monitor is on the Intel Integrated graphics.

Anyone have any advice and/or have a good place I can look to resolve the issue? My searching thus far hasn't yielded useful results.

Running both monitors from the GTX 1650 may worth a try. I run two on a GTX 970.

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

I run a couple of dual-head setups, one uses the built Intel Graphics on the Computer, the other is an AMD added card. always have both monitors plugged into the same Video card.. Perhaps Windows works around this but I don't think Linux does. Anyway for many years I've never had issues as long as both monitors are plugged into the same Vid card..

rothdu
Established Member

Post by rothdu »

Thanks for the input. I don't think it's an inherent linux problem, as my setup works fine on my "daily driver" install of stock Ubuntu, as well as Windows.

Plugging second monitor into the discrete card unfortunately isn't an option - it's an old VGA monitor, card only has HDMI & Displayport, and I don't have an adaptor (and besides, those things are also generally a bit questionable with the digital - analogue conversion in my experience). I'll try MX linux forums as well.