Solo&Mute keys oddity

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

andropogon
Established Member

Solo&Mute keys oddity

Post by andropogon »

In a latest appimage revisions I've run into such problem: when solo or mute button is pressed, it remains pressed only as long as the mouse button is pressed; as soon as you release the mouse button, the solo/mute button will also bounce. It is terribly uncomfortable.
The only way to keep the solo/mute button pressed now is to click on some controller (volume or pan) while the solo/mute button is pressed. It can be done on my Lenovo Thinkpad since it essentially has two left mouse buttons. And it's extremely weird.
Is it just my personal trouble or has anyone else experienced it?

Sorry if I distracted you with such a nonsense.
Impostor
Established Member

Re: Solo&Mute keys oddity

Post by Impostor »

andropogon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:17 pm

In a latest appimage revisions I've run into such problem: when solo or mute button is pressed, it remains pressed only as long as the mouse button is pressed; as soon as you release the mouse button, the solo/mute button will also bounce.

From
viewtopic.php?t=24962

New: Momentary Mute and Solo buttons! Enable them in Global Settings or via
the mixer or strip menus.

Maybe you accidentally enabled this new feature?

Attachments
Momentary.png
Momentary.png (43.51 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
andropogon
Established Member

Re: Solo&Mute keys oddity

Post by andropogon »

Oh thanks a lot, @Impostor , it worked! I didn't enable these checkboxes but they were enabled. Probably they were checked automatically with one of the updates. Frankly, I have no idea for what purpose it is needed. But OK, the question is closed. Thanks again.

Sorry if I distracted you with such a nonsense.