Drumrox - DrMr fork

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Re: Drumrox - DrMr fork

Post by Audiojunkie »

Kott wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:24 am
Audiojunkie wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:11 am
Kott wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:45 pm

I think https://github.com/x42/robtk is the best toolkit for porting GTK2-based plugins.

Does Robin's toolkit support HiDPI? These days, most everything is high resolution, and those of use who run at high resolutions can't use plugins unless they scale up to 200%-300%. It would be kind of pointless to move to a toolkit that doesn't support it, so that's why I'm asking.

Does your post asks anything other than HiDPI? :)

this toolkit has scalability options, or have you never used x42 plugins?

Hehehe :) I use a thinkpad yoga with a high resolution screen. Because of the high resolution, I have fewer usable plugins than those who use the old standard. :) These days, high resolution screens are common. Support for them should be the norm, not an afterthought. :)

peter.semiletov
Established Member

Post by peter.semiletov »

Some news about drmr-falkTX (https://github.com/falkTX/drmr). Filipe Coelho merged my PR with a fix, so now drmr-falkTX supports modern kits too.
But new Drumrox version is coming soon :)

peter.semiletov
Established Member

I've started to rewrite the Drumrox core to C++ (in the separate local branch), it is interesting to me if I able to write that kind of program ) If I'll give up (as it was happen to my own DAW), I'll continue with the current Drumrox source derived from DrMr.
PS 10 years ago I began to create DAW Wavylon and got stucked on the timeline prototype. At that level I got fully worked multi-channel mixer, realtime FX rack, import/export sound, etc. As a side project, for the testing purposes, I wrote the sound editor EKO (https://github.com/psemiletov/eko) , which looks like first ancient versions of Wavelab, but I use it rarely, so possible it became unstable.

nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

Using GTK or Qt as a plugin GUI is really problematic.
You don't have to figure this out all alone. Come into the developers IRC #lad on libera.chat

peter.semiletov
Established Member

nils wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:44 am

Using GTK or Qt as a plugin GUI is really problematic.
You don't have to figure this out all alone. Come into the developers IRC #lad on libera.chat

Thank you!
The GUI question is a more distant future that my current efforts :) The DrMr's source is written in C with GTK+2 toolkit. The code of drum kit handling have a heavy use of the arrays in the form of pointers, etc, etc. It works fine, but I want to make it more clear for my mind, more OOP-based and simple. So now I'll try to rewrite all drum kit/samples code in C++, with classes, vectors, etc.

peter.semiletov
Established Member

Some update is coming soon, I hope. As I mentioned before, I started ti rewrite some parts of the plugin (in a local repository) to C++, and today it was compiled fine and worked in Ardour in the playback mode. But was segfaulted on session load ) So I have to fix it and then make a public commit. So, currently I rewrote the internal mixing, and drum kits loading (separated it to C++ classes).

peter.semiletov
Established Member

UPD :)
https://github.com/psemiletov/drumrox - so, I've merged my local branch with github's main, and here are some news. Not about the last release, but about the current state of the source.

1. Probably it became unstable.
  2. Saved states are NOT COMPATIBLE with Drumrox 1.x
    But why?
  3. There are many new fast-written C++ code (with debug messages).
  4. Drumkits now loaded with a new code, kits.cpp/kits.h. The original DrMr's code for that is dropped. pugixml is used to parse drumkit's xml.
  5. DrMr and Drumrox 1.x saves kit path, and I don't know why, as the symlink at "plugins/NNN/stateN/drumkit" (at Ardour). Now Drumrox will save the path just as the string value at plugins/NNN/stateN/state.ttl
    Now I need to get rid all my debug messages when all will work stable as before this major changes. I need to make code better and less drafty.
    So, what is the difference between DrMr and current Drumrox source?
  6. New internal mixing with panning modes selection.
  7. New drumkits loader.
  8. Another way to save the drumkit's path.
    Yes, it is probably unstable, bot now I can go further in the developing Drumrox )