Jack2 not working with MIDI routing setup

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Exarch

Jack2 not working with MIDI routing setup

Post by Exarch »

At first, sorry for bad English. I know its Linux forum and I using Windows but maybe solution of my problem can be equal for both OS.

What I actually trying to do that I want to send my Traktor decks into Ableton separately for returning effects to mixer channels. I don't know much about Jack2 and MIDI messages but I want to try to figure out what's what. I tried to make Jack2 works with my setup but unsuccesfully.

My setup: MSI laptop with Ryzen 5 5625U, Windows 10 22H2;

Ableton ver is 11.2.6, Traktor is 3.8.0;

Traktor A10 interface: 2 main inputs and outputs set to be used for send/return FX's (PSP42 delay plugin and Ableton reverb), all remaining outputs goes for Traktor decks;

DJM 800 mixer: 3 Traktor decks + 1 Ableton for drums and 2 mono mic returns for FX's (2 RCA to 2 TS jacks), also using MIDI cable connected from DJM midi out to midi in of A10 and mixer turns into MIDI controller;

Xone K2 MIDI controller (ch15, all layers) which I setup with controlling 50/50 Traktor and Ableton using 2 applications: loopMIDI and MIDI-OX;

Launchpad S MIDI controller with LP95 script;

And one more thing is - DIY adapter (6,3 female stereo jack to usb) with arduino pro micro onboard working with M-Audio expression pedal that allows to control delay's feedback;

Two programs synced by Ableton Link function.

The problem is that Jack crashes and loopMIDI mutes channels. When I start sending MIDI signals from any MIDI device its instantly crashes Jack and makes loopMIDI mute his virtual ports

When even a midi cable is connected from the card to the mixer, the jack does not start

I looked in Jack's patchbay and tried to create connections in MIDI client but i don't understand how. Maybe certain client launch options is needed, or another 3rd party app to implement this, maybe I'm wrong. Please help!