Mooer GE300 lite on linux

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Lapidar

Mooer GE300 lite on linux

Post by Lapidar »

Hi,

i want to know if there is anyone using the Mooer GE300 lite on linux.
I saw, that updates by Mooer only serve Win and Mac.
Is there a working alternative...?

I need a modeling effectboard to copy the sound of my rehearsal amp (engl Powerball) for my home to play over a clean channel of a Laney GH50L.
so thats why i chose the mooer ge300 lite because of its tone capture function...

Greetings
Chris

kellybatchelor

Re: Mooer GE300 lite on linux

Post by kellybatchelor »

Hello, I think you can se it on Linux by relying on the generic USB audio drivers included in the Linux kernel. These drivers often provide basic functionality for USB audio devices, allowing you to use them for audio input and output. However, it's important to keep in mind that specific features, software control panels, or firmware updates provided by the manufacturer might not be available on Linux.

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Mooer GE300 lite on linux

Post by funkmuscle »

I've contacted Mooer about having the software made for Linux and they're not interested.
My Mooer GE150 I think it's called as it's been in a closet for a few years worked great with the usb connection. I just had to connect it to a windows laptop to load new sounds and IRs.

Why I hate their FX units like that is because the stopped the support without a fading out process. I will only use the mini pedals.. Hottone..

Been so happy with singles instead of these knock offs!!

So yes just connect to the usb port but the editing will need windows.