Live shows

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Gps
Established Member

Re: Live shows

Post by Gps »

martibs wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:46 pm

You lot are not going to love Sleaford Mods live :mrgreen:

I would never have expected to type this, but its to repetitive for me.
Like he is looping unfinished ideas for a track/song. :shock:

Even this is less repetitive, because it keeps changes slightly over time.

House Jazz ? :P
Jaydee - Plastic Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5kphXBVT4

I often think of an interview with Vangelis, were he said that he was worried that his way of making music was opening the gates of hell.
And here we are today. He was a visionary ?

onefang
Established Member

Re: Live shows

Post by onefang »

I used to play live, back in the sixties and seventies at school. I've only this year gone back to making music. I have a two octave MIDI keyboard and a super desktop computer that is rather large and heavy. The music I'm making is dozens of tracks that include several instruments. I'm not gonna be playing that live unless I find a band, and even then I'm not likely to be playing any of it myself. I'd also need some very strong roadies to carry the super desktop around. Maybe after I get my very rusty singing voice back I could sing live in front of a recording or band.

I am involved in live music played by others though, helping out at music festivals, where I might be the sound bloke or the stage manager. Mostly live playing with some pre recorded stuff is fine. Also you can sync your computer to the live drum beat if you want, so the computer isn't in charge.

I am reminded of one band I used to hang with, the drummer would wonder away from his equipment and bang his drum sticks on the walls and things during gigs. Yep, they where partly pre-recorded with a live singer. Which was handy, they where booked to open a new club, but the doorbitch wouldn't let me in coz I was wearing sneakers. The band said they wouldn't play unless they they let me in. They let me in. So that night the singer changed the words of their hit song "In my shoes" to "In my sneakers" in my honour. B-)

I prefer to be known as a figment of the 'nets imagination, living in the future, waiting for the rest of you to catch up.
Notes from Untalenz, an untalented old muso https://Untalenz.rocks/