No sound in Ardour

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tkmusic
Established Member

No sound in Ardour

Post by tkmusic »

After some initial hiccups involving JACK, I thought I had finally gotten a handle (or as much of one as a newb like me has) on using Ardour to record something. I figured out how the plugin system worked, then recorded something with my Bass and made a simple drum pattern using my MIDI keyboard. Things were going okay until I wanted to make a different drum pattern. I duplicated the MIDI track I already had, and suddenly I can't play any notes on my keyboard but playback is fine. I tried screwing around with the connections, thinking it might be some sort of port issue, and now I can't get any sound from Ardour at all, not even in playback of what I already made. I can get sound from anything else, but not Ardour. I noticed that Ardour keeps throwing up an error message of ambiguous I/O latency plus a feedback error claiming a port connection issue, but I've messed around with it several times and am getting nowhere.

These are a couple of screen captures I took. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to connect all this stuff so I can really get to making music with Linux.

Feedback error:

ardourissue.png
ardourissue.png (136.14 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

One connection screen:

ardourissue2.png
ardourissue2.png (158.32 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

Another connection screen (I would have put the third one in this post, but it only takes three attachments at a time):

ardourissue3.png
ardourissue3.png (142.6 KiB) Viewed 3514 times