"Old New" (v2.0)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

finotti
Established Member

Re: "Old New" (v2.0)

Post by finotti »

Thanks all for the kind words!

I forgot to subscribe (although I could swear I had!) and did not see that there were new replies...

modusjonens wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:04 pm

This one gives me some serious Vince DiCola vibes. Your guitar tone is excellent and the solo has a huge emotional impact. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! I must admit I did not know of Vince DiCola, but I just looked him up and listened to some of his soundtracks and am very flattered. :-) Thanks!

Basslint wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:01 pm

Love this! Queensryche vibes, do you happen to like them? :D

I really liked their Empire album, as they got more "progressive". Other than that I only know the "Operation Mindcrime" album. I liked some of the songs, but liked Empire a lot more.

Michael Willis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Hi Luis! Great work as usual. I know you are always uncertain about your mixing, but I think it has really improved over the years.

Hi Michael! It's great to hear from you! And thanks! I've really struggled with this mix, more than usual. But I am glad you liked. I just finished a new song that I think the mix is a lot better and it made me want to go back to this one. I have the impression that the lower frequencies are a bit too loud (or out of control) on this one now. (If not, they are too quiet in the other one...) :-)

I really like your drum programming, you could have fooled me if you hadn't said it was Drum Gizmo.

I really spend a lot of time programming the drums... But I am very happy it could have fooled you! That was the goal!

Your over-the-top guitar solo at the end had me grinning from ear to ear, just like many of the solos in your other music.

It makes me very happy to hear that! Thanks again!

From the explanation on your site:

LinuxSampler’s Maestro Concert Grand Piano v2 would probably have worked just as well. But it is a bit of pain to use Linux Sampler, so I went with it.

The Maestro Concert Grand samples have been converted to SFZ format, and sfizz is really easy to use. You should try the combo and see if you like it:

Maestro Concert Grand SFZ
sfizz

Wow, thanks! I did not know that! I really like that piano (even if it is a bit dark), working with LinuxSampler is a pain. Thanks for letting me know!

psyocean wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:57 am

Very cool track, alive guitar so powerful, virtuosity and beauty. Congratulations, you create lucky amazing composition!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind words!

Again, thanks everyone for taking the time to listen and comment. I really appreciate your kind words. Although I record these songs mostly for myself, it always makes me very happy when someone likes them.