Walhalla Album

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Adrezonar
Established Member

Walhalla Album

Post by Adrezonar »

So, I have also made something new. This time a whole album. it started with my new Jew's Harp which I wanted to record... with the old one it sounded so thin that it was totally bad. so then a new one here. when almost the drum of my daughter would have fallen victim to the de-cluttering I could still bring them quickly in safety. then i started to record everything randomly, didgeridoo, mouth-harp, ukulele, drum, rattles, jingles, one of my swords, my voice, etc. i also had some old field recordings of birds chirping and ravens screaming from my terrace.
after i finished yggdrasil i decided to make a whole album.

I actually finished it after 15 days with 7 tracks... Not so much but i think it fits anyway ...
I used Renoise 3.4.2, Behringer Uphoria UM2, Aokeo A8 mic. Manjaro linux
Music style I would say roughly Neo Folk, Folktronica, something like Fuimadane, Heilung etc.

I had a lot of fun recording and making music and would be happy if someone else likes it :D

greetings

https://soundcloud.com/adrezonar/sets/walhalla
https://andrepieloth.bandcamp.com/album/walhalla

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Walhalla Album

Post by Rainmak3r »

Very cool and unique sounds, great job! Especially if it's all actual instruments somehow "warped" as you write :D

Adrezonar
Established Member

Post by Adrezonar »

Rainmak3r wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:09 pm

Very cool and unique sounds, great job! Especially if it's all actual instruments somehow "warped" as you write :D

Thank you! actually almost none of the sounds i recorded sound more natural... i used a little more or a little less with the compressor, verb and a lot with distortion (of course not exaggerated). at least i can call myself the inventor of the e-jew's harp and the bass ukulele ;-)

modusjonens
Established Member

Post by modusjonens »

Thanks for posting this -- I really like the idea and enjoy "Walhalla" in particular. It reminds me of the intro to Hallucinogen's The Herb Garden.

psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

Blured edge between reallity and dreams. Mythos rip the hystory matter.
Very interesting album, deep dive into inside and unknown levels of mind :idea: :wink:

Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/