Some U-he synths/effects on sale 50% off via Native Instruments

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Some U-he synths/effects on sale 50% off via Native Instruments

Post by glowrak guy »

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... c1k6_rdh0b

The NI hardware midi controllers and their 'nks' preset-editing system inspires sale pricing of nks-supporting products from time to time, a great opportunity as U-he don't often discount their products, usually just for a 'pre-release' offer on new products or major versions.
If Santa leaves enough coal in my stocking to sell to the neighbors, I might finally get Diva at half price.

Sale lasts 20 more days, with a timer at the above link

Cheers

martibs
Established Member

Re: Some U-he synths/effects on sale 50% off via Native Instruments

Post by martibs »

Does the download from the NI site also come with the Linux VSTs? Doesn't say anything about it...

WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

martibs wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Does the download from the NI site also come with the Linux VSTs? Doesn't say anything about it...

Hmm. Thanks for pointing out this. When I access the subpages for purchasing the items I am seeing this:

PRODUCT INCLUDES
Installer file downlaoads

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
6 GB RAM (Recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
Download size: 50 MB
Free KONTAKT PLAYER (free Download on the NI website!) or KONTAKT.

Please also see the KONTAKT PLAYER system requirements.

An internet connection, a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (or higher), and macOS 10.15-12 or Windows 10 (or higher) are required to download and activate this product. Please see the Native Access system requirements.

It says the product includes Installer file downloads, but not keys (explicitly). What's weird is that Kontakt Player is stated as being a requirement. Uhm, why? These have nothing to do with Kontakt. Do I really need Kontakt or is this just lazy page formatting and they're using the template from other products by NI?

My guess is that there's a chance that the authorization is being done via NI's own service, which makes me cautious about getting these via this sale. If you the plugs at a regular price via the u-he site or a site like Thomann, you just get the keys (I think they're sent to you in mail, if my memory serves me correct on the previous occasions I've purchased u-he products).

porzione
Established Member

Post by porzione »

NI will send to you redeem code, you apply it on u-he.com and receive the serial. Just download Linux version from u-he site and enter this serial.
No Windows or NI software required.

Bitwig / Surge XT / Linux Studio Plugins / u-he stuff / TAL stuff

glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

I'm always amazed at the regularity with which NI overcomplicates things :roll:
They've done similar sales with U-he and other companies utilizing NKS, and still manage to
toss a wrench in the spokes. Maybe they just keep losing experienced employees to competitors.

If they would license the U-he authorization system for their whole software catalog,
they would probably get a 20% boost in sales overnight.

U-he have a deep youtube channel that can help getting to grips with the instruments and effects on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIuy1V ... OaouR5PT_w

Also, they have an excellent support system in place, and it's close to the top.

Cheers

porzione
Established Member

Post by porzione »

I think that most if not all resellers use the same scheme - they provide redeem code for request real license from original software author. Maybe authors do not want to provide access to serial generator or build API for that, idk. I'm not trying to defend NI, I was also not sure that I would just receive my serial number after the purchase, mostly because of obscure terms.

Bitwig / Surge XT / Linux Studio Plugins / u-he stuff / TAL stuff