Panning of different frequency ranges

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jafarzangeneh
Established Member

Panning of different frequency ranges

Post by jafarzangeneh »

Hello everyone
I have a strings track and I want to pan its frequency ranges separately, for example, pan the low-mid and bass to the right and the mid and high-mid rang to the left and...
I think I should make several copies of the track string, then in each copy I specify the desired frequency range with high cut and low cut, and then pan each one. But there is definitely an easier way. How do you do it in ardour and with which plugins?

LAM
Established Member

Re: Panning of different frequency ranges

Post by LAM »

jafarzangeneh wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:20 am

Hello everyone
I have a strings track and I want to pan its frequency ranges separately, for example, pan the low-mid and bass to the right and the mid and high-mid rang to the left and...
I think I should make several copies of the track string, then in each copy I specify the desired frequency range with high cut and low cut, and then pan each one. But there is definitely an easier way. How do you do it in ardour and with which plugins?

You can achieve it in different ways. Instead of duplicating the track, you could create multiple busses with different EQs/filters and apply panning there. One thing you could use to save on EQs/filters is using a crossover plugin, like LSP Crossover to split the different frequencies and send them to different busses.

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

jafarzangeneh
Established Member

Post by jafarzangeneh »

Thank you. I have to try it.

Attila S.

Post by Attila S. »

jafarzangeneh wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:20 am

Hello everyone

If you can use Windows plugins (wine+yabridge) then you check the following plugin:

TDR SlickEQ Mastering

The key feature for the task:
https://docs.tokyodawn.net/slickeq-m-ma ... eo_Control

https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-slickeq-m/