AV Linux MX Edition 21.2 development news

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

Re: AV Linux MX Edition 21.2 development news

Post by GMaq »

trkkazulu wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:11 am

Hi,

I just installed AV LINUX MX EDITION 21.1 "Consciousness" last night. Am i to understand that there will be a major upgrade coming any day now? If so, will OpenBox be replaced? Also, prior to upgrading i was running version 19 and i had different wallpapers on each of my desktops. I can't seem to do that in version 21.1. Has this functionality been removed?

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

Hi,

Yes the update to MX-21 added Openbox and removed xfwm and xfdesktop, both 21 and 21.1 are like this but the 21.2.1 update coming very soon will revert the addition of Openbox and replace xfdesktop and xfwm which should return the ability to have timed wallpapers.

tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

@GMaq

Not replying to anything specific here: I'd just like to thank you for all the work you have done to make AVL a great out-of-the-box distro for audio production. I had messed with it earlier (pre-MX), and got the heebs over the "install backed-up image" strategy it used: the MX-based install is cleaner, easier to understand, and more pleasant for everyday work, by far.

As a professional FLOSS developer for more years than I'd like to count now, I've got at least some notion of the effort (and guts) it took to make such a change: major kudos to you!

Tres.

BTW, I sent a bit of cash your way the other day in gratitude for your labors.

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

tseaver wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:28 am

@GMaq

Not replying to anything specific here: I'd just like to thank you for all the work you have done to make AVL a great out-of-the-box distro for audio production. I had messed with it earlier (pre-MX), and got the heebs over the "install backed-up image" strategy it used: the MX-based install is cleaner, easier to understand, and more pleasant for everyday work, by far.

As a professional FLOSS developer for more years than I'd like to count now, I've got at least some notion of the effort (and guts) it took to make such a change: major kudos to you!

Tres.

BTW, I sent a bit of cash your way the other day in gratitude for your labors.

Thanks so much, your support both verbal and via donation really mean a lot! My apologies, my primary webmail account has been flooded with spam over the last couple of weeks and your original email got bumped to 'read-messages' much earlier than it should have, thanks so much for the heads-up which brought it to my attention.. :oops:

Best, Glen