Arturia interface giving "clock source 41 is not valid"

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

souldessin

Arturia interface giving "clock source 41 is not valid"

Post by souldessin »

Hello all,

I'm having a problem getting my Arturia AudioFuse 8Pre to show up in Pipewire's connections. Running dmesg | tail shows that it identifies the hardware by manufacturer and model, but all of the interfaces are unusable with each giving the error:

uac_clock_source_is_valid(), cannot get clock validity for id 41
clock source 41 is not valid, cannot use

I'm just at a loss for what to do. I've tried setting Pipewire's default sample rate along with a few other things, but I can't get it to recognize the inputs. I have used this interface with jack on another computer. Also, I tried it on Arch as well as my current fresh install of Kubuntu.

Thanks for any help you can give.

sciss
Established Member

Re: Arturia interface giving "clock source 41 is not valid"

Post by sciss »

Hi there. Did you solve your issue? I'm contemplating getting the AudioFuse Rev2, and I was wondering in general how you would switch the clock source under Linux, since this setting doesn't seem to have any hardware switch. Can you do that in the ALSA mixer, for example?

sciss
Established Member

Re: Arturia interface giving "clock source 41 is not valid"

Post by sciss »

Following up the clock source setting question, this is what the support wrote to me:

… this is a control that you'll need to access from the Audiofuse Control Center, which is only compatible with Windows and macOS, so it won't be possible to adjust it using Linux …