- Established Member
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 24 times
DrumGizmo is an open source, multichannel, multilayered, cross-platform
drum plugin and stand-alone application. It enables you to compose drums
in midi and mix them with a multichannel approach. It is comparable to
that of mixing a real drumkit that has been recorded with a multimic setup.
This release was originally intended as a bugfix release, but quite a few features also managed to find their way in.
Noteworthy bugs that has been fixed:
* Software regression error in cymbal choke code has been fixed. So now choking of cymbals using both directed chokes and after-touch midi events work again as expected.
* A compilation error due to an update in LV2 API (we used an obsolete LV2 type) has been fixed, so now compilation should work for everybody again.
* Code can now properly be compiled with NSL support disabled at configure time.
* Compilation with the modern gcc-11 compiler has been fixed.
As usual read the detailed description of all the new shiny features,
see the detailed changelog: .
And now, without further ado, go grab 0.9.20!!! 
: https://drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id= ... zmo-0.9.20
: https://drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id= ... _drumgizmo
I've tried to install DrumGizmo on Mac OS (on MacBook Air with M2) and the Gatekeeper was not allowing me to do that. Clicking "Open anyway" didn't work.
Here's how I made it work.
1) I downloaded the archive,
2) unpacked it and put in the ~/Library/Plugins/VST directory
3) ran the following command inside that directory:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine drumgizmo.vst
4) it worked in Reaper afterwards.
Thanks for awesome plugin!
I am using Drumgizmo 9.2.0-1 as an LV2 in Reaper in Manjaro. When I create a project using Drumgizmo, either with or without using the provided Reaper template, it sounds fine when played in Reaper, but when I render the file, at the beginning there are no drums, then some hi-hats, then the snare. After about 2 minutes in, the whole kit is there. I am using the free Groove Monkey loops if that makes a difference. They seem to work fine in Drum Gizmo, but the renders are weird.