New OS... I thinks it's new AFAIK

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

New OS... I thinks it's new AFAIK

Post by funkmuscle »

Code: Select all

https://linuxhint.com/modicia_distro_review_2018/
I just saw a video on YouTube demonstrating this new distro I think it's new and it's geared towards pro audio and video. I know we have a lot of those out there but apparently this one is super simple to use and great for people migrating from Apple.
scott.thomason
Established Member

Re: New OS... I thinks it's new AFAIK

Post by scott.thomason »

It's not really a new distro, though. The article you linked to is from 2018, and the company website is copyrighted all the way back to 1998. Apparently it's widely used in Europe and has been for some time.
---scott

LinkedIn
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

scott.thomason wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:16 am It's not really a new distro, though. The article you linked to is from 2018, and the company website is copyrighted all the way back to 1998. Apparently it's widely used in Europe and has been for some time.
That's good to know so my next question is why haven't we heard about it? The video I watched on YouTube basically praised how everything is optimized for low latency and everything like that and this was just a review, not the company. It's based on Ubuntu and I can't stand anything based on that or Ubuntu itself but a lot of people seem to love Ubuntu and in fact when you go to certain sites and you see that they are selling something on they would tell you it's also Linux compatible, you go to download and you see it's their only for ubuntu. Seems like the outside world think that Linux is ubuntu I'm not the other way around.

But yapping above was just me explaining why I've never tried it. They say it's also geared towards people migrating from the big platforms over so maybe that should be a good one to help people smoothly migrate over to Linux.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Not that Distrowatch is the only guage of these things but's it's oddly been on their waiting list since 2018... It would be interesting to see what it provides outside of Ubuntu Studio..? It's very odd for a 'popular' Distro no not be listed, is Modicia currently maintained?

*EDIT*
I can't get any of the download links to respond, nice website but I don't think anybody is home...