Considering getting an mc300 roland

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

OccinticLady
Established Member

Considering getting an mc300 roland

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
So, is that thing worth the 150 I'd spend on it?
Considering I plan to get a second (discrete) synth in the setup. I will need to provide a (mini) MIDI meyboard too...
Thanks for meditating with me.
Melissa
Toejam76
Established Member

Re: Considering getting an mc300 roland

Post by Toejam76 »

To be honest, I would rather get a used laptop as a dedicated midi sequencer before fiddling with ancient hardware sequencer from the 80s. I have no experience with this particular model, but you can't beat the convience of having a screen. There is a Roland sequencer like the MV-8000 that has it's own operating system, video output and mouse support but those are not any better than a laptop now plus they are expensive thanks to youtube hype and all that.
If you want to go hardware for sequencing, I'd rather get a later model of a Akai MPC. Just my 2 cent.
OccinticLady
Established Member

Re: Considering getting an mc300 roland

Post by OccinticLady »

Toejam76 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 pm To be honest, I would rather get a used laptop as a dedicated midi sequencer before fiddling with ancient hardware sequencer from the 80s. I have no experience with this particular model, but you can't beat the convience of having a screen. There is a Roland sequencer like the MV-8000 that has it's own operating system, video output and mouse support but those are not any better than a laptop now plus they are expensive thanks to youtube hype and all that.
If you want to go hardware for sequencing, I'd rather get a later model of a Akai MPC. Just my 2 cent.
Thanks...and I did'nt get the thing. The second I noticed the floppy drive, I got scared... :lol:
You need a floppy to boot that thing up...yikes...
Thanks a ton for the "2 cents"
Melissa