Audio Assault Blacksun for FREE

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rodney
Established Member

Audio Assault Blacksun for FREE

Post by Rodney »

Audio assault´s Blacksun(simulates a Blackstar amp) plugin is available for free on their website: https://audioassault.mx/collections/plu ... s/blacksun until tDecember . Giving it a try to see if it´s any good :D.

Have fun!
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Audio Assault Blacksun for FREE

Post by tavasti »

Rodney wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:28 pm Audio assault´s Blacksun(simulates a Blackstar amp) plugin is available for free on their website: https://audioassault.mx/collections/plu ... s/blacksun until tDecember . Giving it a try to see if it´s any good :D.
I was thinking 'this is mistake', but yeah, free untill december 2022 :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Very nice plugin, unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to work, both stand Alone and the VSTbplugin in Ardour don't work. Did you have any luck? At least in Avlmxe I failed 😅 . I tested it on windows though, sounds cool.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Rodney wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:03 pm Very nice plugin, unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to work, both stand Alone and the VSTbplugin in Ardour don't work. Did you have any luck? At least in Avlmxe I failed 😅 . I tested it on windows though, sounds cool.
What is your OS version, and what glibc version? They have been deliering their linux plugins dynamically linked, with glibc version more recent than in ubuntu 18.04 == not working. I have mentioned problem for them, but did not have enough energy to talk with their developer in detail. Maybe I should do it in near future. I just got some work related rush times handled...

tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

Thanks for the pointer. I've tried the standalone so far on my UbuntuStudio setup, and it works AFAICT -- I had to mess with the gain knob, as with it all the way down, the amp outputs nada (I was expecting that to be the "clean sound"). The plugin seems to work for me as well, although I was able to get it to fritz out trying to resize it.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

Well, I tried stand alone and the plugin in Carla. It launches, plug in my email and it registers. It's connected in Jack. On their I/O menu it shows there is level in the input meter and the test button plays a tone. Other than that all I can get is direct tone from the guitar, no modeled sound at all no matter how many knobs and switches I fiddle with. Even nothing showing up in the Tuner.

System is Mint 20.3.

I brought Guitarix back up and it's rocking out like normal so I don't think the problem is me.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Guess we all have the same issue then, the plugin also doesn't give me Any sound but my dry guitar signal in Ardour and the binary simply doesn't run at all. I AM using AVLMXE, I believe it's debian buster.

Thanks a lot,

Rodney
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Rodney wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:38 am Guess we all have the same issue then, the plugin also doesn't give me Any sound but my dry guitar signal in Ardour and the binary simply doesn't run at all. I AM using AVLMXE, I believe it's debian buster.

Thanks a lot,

Rodney
Possibly glibc version conflict. Try running standalone version from command line and see what it says?

ubuntuuser
Established Member

Post by ubuntuuser »

Well, I think it's having trouble registering with the "/opt/Audio Assault/Blacksun" folder due to permissions.

So I tried a symbolic link from the "/opt/Audio Assault/Blacksun" folder to a Blacksun folder (containing the IR's and presets) with user permissions.

For example if the installers zip file was unzipped in the Downloads folder then

delete any previous installation that is in in /opt first (sudo rm -R "/opt/Audio Assault")

then create the "/opt/Audio Assault/" folder

sudo mkdir "/opt/Audio Assault/"

then make a Blacksun symbolic link in the "/opt/Audio Assault/" folder to the Blacksun folder in the Downloads folder (that has user permissions)

sudo ln -s "~/Downloads/Blacksun+Installers+v1/Blacksun Linux/Blacksun" "/opt/Audio Assault/Blacksun"

or

sudo ln -s "/home/your-user-name/Downloads/Blacksun+Installers+v1/Blacksun Linux/Blacksun" "/opt/Audio Assault/Blacksun"

after that it registered and worked for me.

It also needs libcurl-gnutls.so.4 which I installed using libcurl-gnutls
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

Yes, you have solved it.

/opt/Audio Assault/Blacksun must exist and be writable by yourself. I guess sometimes you really do have to follow the instructions. :D

I had just done a user install and assumed that running the stand alone would find it's own stuff in the cwd.

Rather than link I just created /opt/Audio Assault/ directory then chown it to my user:group. I could then just copy the Blacksun dir into it. Blacksun Standalone got put into /usr/local/bin and renamed to just Blacksun. The VST put into ~/.vst

Making lots of noise now.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Very nice guys! THank you very much, I´ll definitely give it a try :D , fingers crossed, hopefully I´ll get it to work.

THanks a bunch again

ROdney