How to get MIDI output from guitarrix to LMMS

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

NatCorsi
Established Member

How to get MIDI output from guitarrix to LMMS

Post by NatCorsi »

Hello everyone! I would like to know how to convert the notes recognized by the guitarrix tunner to the LMMS, I have already covered everything that is good about the guitarrix, but I cannot find this function

Thank you so much! :)
tramp
Established Member

Re: How to get MIDI output from guitarrix to LMMS

Post by tramp »

Select in the menu Options-> Send MIDI Feedback, connect the MIDI output port from guitarix to LMMS and enable the tuner in guitarix. That's it.
But be aware that the guitarix tuner midi output is just monophonic, so don't expect it to be a audio to midi converter. In terms of MIDI it will give you a lot of false notes.
On the road again.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

NatCorsi wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 am Hello everyone! I would like to know how to convert the notes recognized by the guitarrix tunner to the LMMS, I have already covered everything that is good about the guitarrix, but I cannot find this function

Thank you so much! :)
Hello, I suggest you use aubionotes rather than Guitarix for that purpose. It's more accurate and has many algorithms.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Actually I was wrong, you need to enable under Plugins -> Tuner midi out.
But as said, there are better tools to do that, the Tuner midi out purpose is to drive a external midi controller to be able to show the tuner output.
On the road again.
NatCorsi
Established Member

Post by NatCorsi »

How do I use aubionotes? I found almost nothing on the internet about this :( does it have a graphical interface to use with qjackctl?

Thanks!
NatCorsi
Established Member

Post by NatCorsi »

I managed to use the abionotes in the LMMS, and in the ardour too, so I need to dig through the settings of the sound interface, Thank you very much for the indication, I really needed it !!
coperelay

Post by coperelay »

Hi, everyone. I am trying to get Guitarix to output to a VST (ZynAddSubfx) with LMMS, however, in JACK Connections, LMMS only shows up in the output list. Does anyone know how to get Guitarix to play through a VST? I am open to any combination of linux programs to achieve this goal. Thank you

System - UbuntuStudio 14.04
Sound Card - Lexicon Omega
Box - Dell Optiplex 330
Looking for cleaning your fiberglass shower? Get expert reviews about best fiberglass shower cleaners to get ease in the cleaning process.