Mixer and one shortkey

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

saturnin51
Established Member

Mixer and one shortkey

Post by saturnin51 »

Hello,

I installed muse v4. I have two questions about it.
First, what is the short key to move the left marker ?
Secundo, I have a project with two audio tracks. The mixer displays nothing but input and output track. Why ?

Thanks.
oscillator
Established Member

Re: Mixer and one shortkey

Post by oscillator »

saturnin51 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:54 am Secundo, I have a project with two audio tracks. The mixer displays nothing but input and output track. Why ?
In the Mixer: Is View > Show Wave Tracks checked?

When switching to 4.0 I had to delete my config folder to get rid of some small problems.

You can see (and set) Keyboard shortcuts in Settings > Keyboard shortcuts. Alt-P is not really what you are looking for, but is very useful to set left and right markers. Do you want to set the marker where the playhead is?

Cheers,

Staffan

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

saturnin51
Established Member

Post by saturnin51 »

No I just want to place the left marker for a punch in. CTRL-Click-rigt to place the right marker, but CTRL-Click-left is not effective for the left marker.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

There is a setting in the configuration where you can change it to ctrl+left click, by default it's for historical reasons something nonsensical like ctrl+middle click.
MusE DAW
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

The default is just middle button for the left marker and right button for the right marker (and left button for the position marker).
It seems logical but I know it's not very intuitive, as many people are not used to clicking the middle mouse button at all. That's why I added more options (under Settings->Global settings->GUI). But I will take another look at it, possibly the default can be improved too.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

kybos wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:16 pm The default is just middle button for the left marker and right button for the right marker (and left button for the position marker).
It seems logical but I know it's not very intuitive, as many people are not used to clicking the middle mouse button at all. That's why I added more options (under Settings->Global settings->GUI). But I will take another look at it, possibly the default can be improved too.
Ah, that's the way it was. And it's great that you added the new options!

I think ctrl+left/right-mouse button is a more logical choice even though it requires the keyboard. Especially since many laptops don't even have a middle mouse button.
MusE DAW
saturnin51
Established Member

Post by saturnin51 »

Thank you. I agree CTRL-left and right click are more logical for positioning the markers punch in and out.. And the middle button for the position marker.
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

Now both the old and new shortcuts for settings the range markers are supported as a default (as there is no real conflict between them).