Man with a Clan

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jeanette_c
Established Member

Re: Man with a Clan

Post by jeanette_c »

Great song! Why did I think of Grave Digger even before having read your post? :) Sometimes it sounds a bit too perfect for the genre, the machine gun effect, though - strangely - not too much in the kick. It's a nice, full composition, I enjoyed listening to it!
Best wishes, Jeanette
--
distro: ArchLinux, DAW: Nama, MIDI sequencer: Midish
All my latest music on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rf ... 7jhC1Jnv7g
Albums, patches and Csound on http://juliencoder.de
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

jeanette_c wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51 pm Great song! Why did I think of Grave Digger even before having read your post? :) Sometimes it sounds a bit too perfect for the genre, the machine gun effect, though - strangely - not too much in the kick. It's a nice, full composition, I enjoyed listening to it!
Best wishes, Jeanette
Thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked it! Yes, drums could definitely be improved in general, I think, as it was pointed out that the snare doesn't sound that good either: I'm afraid that's been a weak spot in pretty much everything I've shared so far... I'll ty to improve next time :mrgreen:
psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

A clear energetic pattern of riffs, nothing superfluous, ascetic and harsh. Masterwork.
Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

psyocean wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm A clear energetic pattern of riffs, nothing superfluous, ascetic and harsh. Masterwork.
Thanks, you're always too kind! :D
turbidh20
Established Member

Post by turbidh20 »

:shock:

Is there no end to your talent? 8) Fantastic guitar soloing, I also loved the guitar rhythm progression. I wish I could play like you! Great track.
Arch Linux (i7-4790k/GTX970); UMC204HD; MPK Mini MKII; Jack2 (QjackCtl) & Ardour/Mixbus
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

turbidh20 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm :shock:

Is there no end to your talent? 8) Fantastic guitar soloing, I also loved the guitar rhythm progression. I wish I could play like you! Great track.
Thanks, you're way too kind as well! And I wish I could play as it sounds like in the solos as they come out, a lot of stitching there :lol:
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Really cool! Love your songs, heavy stuff is what I dig hahaha. :D very nice stuff. Keep bringing them!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Rodney wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:34 am Really cool! Love your songs, heavy stuff is what I dig hahaha. :D very nice stuff. Keep bringing them!
Thanks! Even in orchestral tracks, I always have to add at least a tiny bit of metal :mrgreen:
Senbee
Established Member

Post by Senbee »

My best compliments, it's a great track. I like to listen to it, again and again.

I'm a SUDO wrestler - Italy - Ubuntu 22.04 - Ardour 8.4
All my songs: www.soundcloud.com/stefano-droghetti/se ... -droghetti
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/@StefanoDroghetti/featured
My homepage (in Italian): www.stefanodroghetti.it

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Senbee wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:31 am My best compliments, it's a great track. I like to listen to it, again and again.
Thanks, this is really appreciated!
Philotomy
Established Member

Post by Philotomy »

Wow, very impressive! This is a great track, and I've added it to my Soundcloud playlist. 8)

I agree the drums could be varied a bit more, and I might even bring the rhythm guitars up a bit relative to the drums, but I think it's a great song.
My recordings on SoundCloud
Distro: Arch, DAW: Bitwig, Interface: Scarlett 18i8 Gen 2
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Philotomy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:29 pm Wow, very impressive! This is a great track, and I've added it to my Soundcloud playlist. 8)

I agree the drums could be varied a bit more, and I might even bring the rhythm guitars up a bit relative to the drums, but I think it's a great song.
Thanks for your kind words and the feedback! For drums, I'm curious to start experimenting with the Crocell kit: someone shared their template for Ardour 6, so now that I moved to Fedora 33 I may finally be able to play with it.
lykwydchykyn
Established Member

Post by lykwydchykyn »

This track sounds great, really fun! I'm ready to paint myself blue and don the tartan (I've got a good chunk of scotch somewhere in my british mutt DNA).

Don't feel bad about compositing the tracks, it's pretty standard practice, especially in the day of the DAW. Even in the tape days, vocals and solos are routinely composited. In the end, it's about making something worth listening too, not impressing people with a one-take wonder.

Good work!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

lykwydchykyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:14 pm This track sounds great, really fun! I'm ready to paint myself blue and don the tartan (I've got a good chunk of scotch somewhere in my british mutt DNA).
That's the spirit! :D
lykwydchykyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:14 pm Don't feel bad about compositing the tracks, it's pretty standard practice, especially in the day of the DAW. Even in the tape days, vocals and solos are routinely composited. In the end, it's about making something worth listening too, not impressing people with a one-take wonder.

Good work!
Internally I do suffer a bit, because I'd really like to be 100% able to play the things I come up with... But I agree, as long as it sounds as it should, it doesn't really matter! And I mentioned Van Halen as apparently, according to David Lee Roth, he did that too :mrgreen: With the key difference that he did that to take advantage of improvisation and different ideas: I did write those solos down but just can't play them :D

Thanks for listening, and I'm glad you liked it!