Screen resolution question

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

willmorrison
Established Member

Re: Screen resolution question

Post by willmorrison »

I will try the cable that came with the monitor. I have been using a brand new cable I bought specifically for this purpose, I suppose it could be the problem. But I have tried three different cables, and gotten the same results from each of them. And the same results on another machine as well. Neither card, both AMD,s a 5000 series and a 6000 series, both of which should be giving me the higher resolution. I'll try the cable that came with the monitor and see if that makes any difference. But honestly, I'm not holding my breath at this point.
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

That's a good point @Loki Harfagr. I made sure to get HDMI v2 cable for my UHD screen so never had an issue. It seems likely as both the card and onboard graphics should be capable of more than standard HD.
willmorrison
Established Member

Post by willmorrison »

Nope, still batting .000. I switched to the cable that came with the monitor, figuring that they would send one with a UHD monitor that would get UHD through it. No difference at all. Still stuck at the 1920 x 1080. I'm almost relieved that the cable didn't change anything, because as things are right now, the computer is in another room to keep the fan noise away from my mics, and that cable would have meant it had to come into the room with me. Not really a workable setup right now.

So, it looks like live with it until I get the new system. Guess I'll take that card out and just go back to motherboard graphics. This does leave me bamboozled, though. Everything is right, it SHOULD work. Gonna have to dig through the motherboard manual and see if there is anything in there, but that doesn't even make sense. Oh, well, the search goes on.

Thanks to everyone on this hunt with me. I appreciate the assistance.