JJazzLab 2.2 and new demo

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

jjazzboss
Established Member

Re: JJazzLab 2.2 and new demo

Post by jjazzboss »

I mean I said JJazzLab-X is an end-user program because it's a standalone program a user can run, with a UI etc. (i.e. it's not a library). But indeed JJazzLab-X is targeted to developers who develop music generation algorithms.
Taste52

Post by Taste52 »

Hallo, bin neu hier und evtl. falsch. Ich kann in JJazzlab nur Akkorde auf Zähler 1 eingeben, wenn ich z.B. auf "2" einen weiteren Akkord eingeben will wird der auf "1" Eingebene gewechselt. Lediglich Akkorde aus dem folgendem Takt, kann ich per drag and drop auf eine beliebige Position schieben. Mit freundlichen Grüßen Jens
fraslo
Established Member

Post by fraslo »

Hi Jerome,

I am still using JJazzlab and created several songs for practicing. Precount works great now both with my workstation and a soundfont. I am using Carla to load the SF2 file and connect it with JJL.
I've got one suggestion: when I play along to some songs, all the bars don't fit on a screen and JJL starts scrolling. So I get "surprised" with the chord from the next bar which is revealed at the latest possible moment. I hope you know what I mean, is it possible to show the next line of bars a little earlier?

Anyway, I am amazed by the functionality and ease of use. I got my backing tracks ready in a few minutes, keep up the great work.

Frank
jjazzboss
Established Member

Post by jjazzboss »

I hope you know what I mean, is it possible to show the next line of bars a little earlier?
Yes you're right, I see the problem, I'll fix that.
fraslo
Established Member

Post by fraslo »

Hi Jerome,

I have another suggestion: I was just experimenting with intros, endings and fills and many of them have a different length. So there is a lot of experimenting with inserting and removing bars. Is it possible to show the length of an intro/ending/fill when chosen, for example two bars?

Frank
jjazzboss
Established Member

Post by jjazzboss »

Is it possible to show the length of an intro/ending/fill when chosen, for example two bars?
Yes I understand this could be useful. I'll see what I can do.
fraslo
Established Member

Post by fraslo »

jjazzboss wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:32 pm
I hope you know what I mean, is it possible to show the next line of bars a little earlier?
Yes you're right, I see the problem, I'll fix that.
Thanks for fixing this, it works very well here. I found another small issue: when a long song which requires scrolling ends and you press the space bar to start again, JJazzlab does not jump to the first bar. I tried several songs with a different number ob bars per line, the first line with bars is not shown. Can someone confirm this behavior (JJazzlab 2.3.1)?

Anyway, this is not really a problem, thanks for supporting Linux, too.
jjazzboss
Established Member

Post by jjazzboss »

I found another small issue: when a long song which requires scrolling ends and you press the space bar to start again, JJazzlab does not jump to the first bar. I tried several songs with a different number ob bars per line, the first line with bars is not shown.
That's normal in 2.3 because the space bar is mapped to the start/pause command. In the next version (3.0) there is a new shift+space keyboard shortcut mapped to the stop command, which resets playback at first bar.