Hello!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hm11
Established Member

Hello!

Post by hm11 »

Hey all,
My name is Danny & ive encountered this forums several times over the years but never really joined. Now I thought i did after so much time passed but i really didnt. Wellp.. I make music with Linux. I used to use FL Studio on windows, then protools on windows, fast forward i ended up using Reaper on Linux, and I'm so happy. Anyways, glad to see that this forum is still kicking and its community still making music on Linux. :P
My Artist name is Danny LyriCa, here is the soundcloud.... cant go wrong with whipping out the soundcloud.. Lol.
https://soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Basslint »

Hello Danny,

I listened to your music and I think it's very good and creative. Glad to have you here!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi Danny! Welcome to the forum. I'll listen to your soundcloud account later today.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Welcome Danny LyriCa!

You have a good sound. I don't understand Spanish well enough to comment on the lyrics, and Latin hip-hop/rap isn't a genre I sample very often, but your sound is very polished. You know your craft well. Are these all home studio recordings?
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

My favorite piece on your soundcloud account is Duro, because I think I actually recognized one of the Spanish phrases. It's been years since I really practiced Spanish, but I used to work with a young man who was very soft spoken and we had a friend named Fernando Perez who kept encouraging him "¡SUBE... EL VOLUMEN!" along with a little finger gesture of turning an invisible knob.
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

milo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:54 pm Welcome Danny LyriCa!

You have a good sound. I don't understand Spanish well enough to comment on the lyrics, and Latin hip-hop/rap isn't a genre I sample very often, but your sound is very polished. You know your craft well. Are these all home studio recordings?
Yea they are all done in my home. Ive been in the music scene since 2003, and since then ive gone through alot of artistry changes if that makes any sense.. Im always willing to learn from people and i guess that played a big part of my sound.
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

Michael Willis wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:58 pm My favorite piece on your soundcloud account is Duro, because I think I actually recognized one of the Spanish phrases. It's been years since I really practiced Spanish, but I used to work with a young man who was very soft spoken and we had a friend named Fernando Perez who kept encouraging him "¡SUBE... EL VOLUMEN!" along with a little finger gesture of turning an invisible knob.
Lol funny, i just pictured it on my mind but hey, atleast you get it somewhat.. The song is actually about recording and cranking up the volume.. So much till it shakes the walls hard Lol.
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

Thanks all for your repplies. I'm exited to somewhat contribute to the linux music scene!
oscillator
Established Member

Post by oscillator »

Very nice sound, very "polished" (in a good way)! It sounds like you have really found your style of music, it seems to come easy to you -- or maybe you put a lot of time into it -- or both! :)

Welcome to the forums (and thanks for listening and commenting)!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

I have put a lot of time into it Lol. Thank you for your feedback. No problem man, Its always nice to explore other people's music. We're all people at the end of the day , young and old and have life to worry about :D