La Nouvelle Avantgarde (New Wave)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: La Nouvelle Avantgarde (New Wave)

Post by jonetsu »

It's not negative although it might be suggesting an effort, eg. to pull. I wanted to contrast with the ease of doing remote collaborations. At least simple ones. I think a lot of such projects is in establishing guidelines on how to proceed. Once done it goes smoothly and it's fun.

Cheers.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

jonetsu wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 pm This one has a wholesomeness in the mix. Everything seems to be well balanced, the bass is all right, reverb just in the right amounts, panning is nice. It almost sounds like a full-fledged track (eg. not a demo), if it wasn't for the lead synth that seems to be just a tad out of the ensemble. By not much.
Rainmak3r wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:47 am Pulling off this kind of remote collaborations must be really rewarding!
It's not that much of a 'pulling off' I find, from recent experience with AJ (1). It's actually quite easy nowadays with the easiness of storing and retrieving files for instance from dropbox. It's actually a lot of fun, since it's so easy to do, no need to be concerned about DAWs, so hopefully I'll revisit the current status of that project in the near term. All that's needed is time, and inspiration.

Cheers.

(1) In Virtual Music Projects "LM-Project-01" section, and at:

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/lmproject-01v2
I hope you meant the first track and not the track that I'm remixing, although this is mixed great too :lol:
If you want we can do a collab, I'm having Bitwig also since some weeks. And I bought some cloud space @ pcloud.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

lilith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:10 pm I hope you meant the first track and not the track that I'm remixing, although this is mixed great too :lol: If you want we can do a collab, I'm having Bitwig also since some weeks. And I bought some cloud space @ pcloud.
Hmmm not sure about the one you're remixing - which one would that be ?

Sure we can do something. A collab. Or backwards, a balloc. :) Anything goes. I think it'd be better to work with wav files, one wav file per track. Sure, there's no remote modification of MIDI, but that's OK. I use Bitwig 2.4.3 if it matters. Keine Problem, alles gut glaub'Ich.

Would you like to start with something ?
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

I meant that one: https://soundcloud.com/typeamusic/amigo ... tes-type-a

I will finish this and then I can start with something. I also want to make another collab with Type-A. But as I'm in vacation I should have "plenty" of time.
At least in theory. 8)

BTW I'm using Bitwig 3.2.6 without any significant issues. Also all U-he plugins are working.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

All right. Then if you wish to start something, just do it and let me know, perhaps in the Virtual Music Projects section.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

jonetsu wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 pm All right. Then if you wish to start something, just do it and let me know, perhaps in the Virtual Music Projects section.
ok
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »