cadence pulsebridge not working

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

aicram
Established Member

cadence pulsebridge not working

Post by aicram »

Hello Everyone,

I can no longer get the cadence bridges to work as they did before. I was able to start up cadence for years and if I wanted sound in firefox, I would start the pulseaudio bridge and it would work. Last week it stopped working, then I did a few things that I do not remember, then it started and worked again. It worked until I shut it down then rebooted. Have not been able to get it to work since. I use a fca202 firewire soundcard connected to a behringer X1622 usb mixer. I do not use the mixer as a usb device but have it hooked into the fca202. This has worked beautifully for years.

Here is some info about my computer: Kernel: 4.4.0-185-lowlatency x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 (Gtk 2.24.28) Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia. I have the Kxstudio repos installed and as mentioned, use cadence. I have read as much as I can about this, plus watched many youtube how-to's. Another thing which is odd to me is that when I am in pavucontrol I cannot click on the advanced tabs. Firefox does not show up in there when I have the pulsebridge going and firefox open.

Any suggestions or help will be welcome.

Thank you,
aicram
retnev
Established Member

Re: cadence pulsebridge not working

Post by retnev »

As I mentioned in another thread my responses will not be timely.
I have a little time now.

I gave up on cadence and qjackctl. was nice for a while then like you experienced, they could not keep up and started botching things.
I do everything CLI now and my problems disappeared.

Can you respond with what is present in all the tabs when you execute the following command in your user account ?
Label each Tab in your response and what it contains.

Code: Select all

pavucontrol --tab 5
Mr. Lumbergh
Established Member

Post by Mr. Lumbergh »

aicram wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:16 pm Hello Everyone,

I can no longer get the cadence bridges to work as they did before. I was able to start up cadence for years and if I wanted sound in firefox, I would start the pulseaudio bridge and it would work. Last week it stopped working, then I did a few things that I do not remember, then it started and worked again. It worked until I shut it down then rebooted. Have not been able to get it to work since. I use a fca202 firewire soundcard connected to a behringer X1622 usb mixer. I do not use the mixer as a usb device but have it hooked into the fca202. This has worked beautifully for years.

Here is some info about my computer: Kernel: 4.4.0-185-lowlatency x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 (Gtk 2.24.28) Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia. I have the Kxstudio repos installed and as mentioned, use cadence. I have read as much as I can about this, plus watched many youtube how-to's. Another thing which is odd to me is that when I am in pavucontrol I cannot click on the advanced tabs. Firefox does not show up in there when I have the pulsebridge going and firefox open.

Any suggestions or help will be welcome.

Thank you,
aicram
What equipment and OS/desktop environment?
JACk and pulse generally don't like to play nice with each other, but you can set up which sound server is used on a per-device basis if you have more than one to choose from. I set up JACK to interface only with my Scarlett audio interface, so the sound coming from the DAW uses JACK and out my monitors, but for system sounds and general playback it will go the pulse route and use the built-in sound on my mobo or HDMI on the video card. One cool thing about using KDE is that it's very easy to pipe output on a per-app basis from the sound widget in the tray, so for example I have LMMS on the interface, Firefox on the card and PC speakers, and Chromium outputting to my TV on HDMI since that is what I generally use when streaming.
I'm going to need you to go ahead, and come in on Sunday, too.
retnev
Established Member

Post by retnev »

Jack and pulse works absolutely great here. You just need to configure it properly.
Mr. Lumbergh
Established Member

Post by Mr. Lumbergh »

retnev wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:00 pm Jack and pulse works absolutely great here. You just need to configure it properly.
Works great on mine too; I avoid the conflict altogether. :D
I'm going to need you to go ahead, and come in on Sunday, too.
retnev
Established Member

Post by retnev »

Just learn how to configure it and you will have a great experinece with pulse/jack/Alsa/AudioInterface.
aicram
Established Member

Post by aicram »

Thank you retnev and Mr. Lumbergh,

Please excuse me for not getting back to you, sooner. I have very busy days lately. I will love to learn
how to configure things correctly. Any posts to help with that or youtube videos? I will check for some
of your posts, so you do not need to repeat things. I will get a handle on this, and I do not mind using
cli.

I appreciate your help very much!

Thank you!

SIncerely,

aicram