launching muse

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

funkmuscle
Established Member

launching muse

Post by funkmuscle »

Hi guys, everytime I launch MusE on Arch, it takes about 10 minutes to launch as it's looking for the vst plugins. I've uninstalled dssi-vst, removed all the .dll files and also removed the paths to the vst in the settings yet it still tries to load the .dll and the LinVst converted vsts.
Even after removing the path to the vst folder.
I use MusE for DrumGizmo.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: launching muse

Post by Tim E. Real »

Can you get away with using the -I command line option (disable loading dssi), or do you have other dssi plugins that you need?

I need to see a few things.

Can you post a terminal output with -D (debug mode) at startup, to see what might be taking so long?
Please do that after running MusE at least one prior time without altering your plugins or paths or anything (so our plugin cache can settle).

Can you also post the following files, thanks:
home/.cache/MusE/MusE/scanner/dssi_plugins.scan
home/.cache/MusE/MusE/scanner/unknown_plugins.scan
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: launching muse

Post by funkmuscle »

Tim E. Real wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:14 pm Can you get away with using the -I command line option (disable loading dssi), or do you have other dssi plugins that you need?

I need to see a few things.

Can you post a terminal output with -D (debug mode) at startup, to see what might be taking so long?
Please do that after running MusE at least one prior time without altering your plugins or paths or anything (so our plugin cache can settle).

Can you also post the following files, thanks:
home/.cache/MusE/MusE/scanner/dssi_plugins.scan
home/.cache/MusE/MusE/scanner/unknown_plugins.scan
I think I've solved it. The ~./vst path was under the LinuxVST plugin path. I've removed it. I did that before before the latest version of MusE and it came back with this update.