Another One from Germany hits this board

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

BarFly

Another One from Germany hits this board

Post by BarFly »

Hello,

to be honest i'm not a musician at all, just a 66 years old retired guy from Stuttgart/Germany who has quite a bunch of vinyls/tapes, which were never available on CD or if, in bad quality (loudness war) or some songs missing or just very rare/expansive, even used.
Because of the search for an audio USBDevice which is also running on Linux, i found this board and after some lurking in here, i really think this will be the best source for qualified answers, because probably most of the people here are running such a device.
Thanks for reading and seeing you in the threads i will enter or open up for questions about hard and software.

Ciao BarFly
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Another One from Germany hits this board

Post by bluebell »

You want to get your records into the computer?

If you have some decently sounding HiFi gear (turntable, amp or preamp) I can tell you that many builtin audio cards are good enough for recording it. If you don't have any noise (ground noise, noise from computer parts), use it.

You can use audacity to record the tracks and export it as flac. There is a simple text based program named gramofile that works fine, too.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/