Melody Helpr (create melody sequences with ML)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Mati N.
Established Member

Melody Helpr (create melody sequences with ML)

Post by Mati N. »

Hey.

I want to share a little app called 'Melody Helpr' that might be helpful for some of you guys. It's an Electron app that uses Magenta.js (hence requires an Internet connection :!: ) to create melodies for a given chord progression. The app is meant to be used in companion with Ardour. By running Ardour, you can send time info as well as a chord sequence (from a selected region) to the Electron app and generate new melodies. It's possible to prelisten and doubling/halving the output sequence.

The source code and bundles for Linux can be found over on my GitHub.

I would like to hear some feedback. The code is not set in stone and I’m willing to fix bugs. I also plan to refactor some parts in the future.

Cheers.
Last edited by Mati N. on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Melody Helpr (create melody sequences with ML)

Post by funkmuscle »

Mati N. wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:54 am Hey.

I want to share a little app called 'Melody Helpr' that might be helpful for some of you guys. It's an Electron app that uses Magenta.js (hence requires an Internet connection :!: ) to create melodies for a given chord progression. The app is meant to be used in companion with Ardour. By running Ardour, you can send time info as well as a chord sequence (from a selected region) to the Electron app and generate new melodies. It's possible to prelisten and doubling/halving the output sequence.

The source code and bundles for Linux can be found on my GitHub: https://github.com/mat5ch/melodyhelpr-release

I would like to hear some feedback. The code is not set in stone and I’m willing to fix bugs. I also plan to refactor some parts in the future.

Cheers.
I wanna test this. How do I use it? I see the binaries.
Mati N.
Established Member

Post by Mati N. »

There is a README at the bottom of the GitHub repo that should cover the installation process. I think I have to separate Node specifics and the usage of the binaries a bit better.

I will probably upload a video tomorrow to give a quick impression of the app.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Mati N. wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:56 pm There is a README at the bottom of the GitHub repo that should cover the installation process. I think I have to separate Node specifics and the usage of the binaries a bit better.

I will probably upload a video tomorrow to give a quick impression of the app.
Sweet!! Thanks!
Mati N.
Established Member

Post by Mati N. »

FYI: I updated the info in the README. Maybe it is more clear now what to do. Video is coming in the next few days.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Mati N. wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:51 pm FYI: I updated the info in the README. Maybe it is more clear now what to do. Video is coming in the next few days.
Thanks! Will give it a go and let you know.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

I hit transfer and Ardour crashed.
Also, how do I hear the melody?
Mati N.
Established Member

Post by Mati N. »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm I hit transfer and Ardour crashed.
Hm. Do you run version 6? Unfortunately, there are some issues using the scripts with the new release. I try to fix them asap. I mainly tested and used the app and the scripts with v5.

Note that I have uploaded a video today. The quality isn't the best, but it should suffice to show the installation process and give you an impression of the running app. See Intro Video.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Mati N. wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:02 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm I hit transfer and Ardour crashed.
Hm. Do you run version 6? Unfortunately, there are some issues using the scripts with the new release. I try to fix them asap. I mainly tested and used the app and the scripts with v5.

Note that I have uploaded a video today. The quality isn't the best, but it should suffice to show the installation process and give you an impression of the running app. See Intro Video.
Yep v6 I'm using. Thanks for the video