XTinyTerror.lv2

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

XTinyTerror.lv2

Post by tramp »

After working the last month full-time on porting all the guitarix LV2 plugins to use a X11/cairo based interface, I liked to do something different. :lol:
So I port back first all the work I've done on the guitarix implementation to xputty and fire up my dkbuilder environment to give the Orange Tiny Terror schematic a go.
I like this amp very much as it could produce a nice, clean rock sound, but is as well very suitable in high gain mode.

The resulting plug is here:
https://github.com/brummer10/XTinyTerror.lv2

keep in mind that this is without cabinet simulation, so for best results you should use it with a cabinet simulation (IR).
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: XTinyTerror.lv2

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am Image

After working the last month full-time on porting all the guitarix LV2 plugins to use a X11/cairo based interface, I liked to do something different. :lol:
So I port back first all the work I've done on the guitarix implementation to xputty and fire up my dkbuilder environment to give the Orange Tiny Terror schematic a go.
I like this amp very much as it could produce a nice, clean rock sound, but is as well very suitable in high gain mode.

The resulting plug is here:
https://github.com/brummer10/XTinyTerror.lv2

keep in mind that this is without cabinet simulation, so for best results you should use it with a cabinet simulation (IR).
Wow dude, I was just checking the real deal on YouTube. I will give this a shot in a little bit. Even though I like to record using a real amp or whatever I put together with pedals and impulse responses, your stuff when added to that recording at even more realism to the sound. Thanks a lot man!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Just tested it with an ownhammer IR..... nice sounding dude! Close to the real deal.
Bella
Established Member

Post by Bella »

Awesome! Can't wait to check it out. I lurv Orange Amplification.
SpotlightKid
Established Member

Post by SpotlightKid »

@tramp Will you tag a release in the git repo?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

@funkmuscle Hi, I'm glad you like it.
@Bella Let me know your findings with this simulation.
@SpotlightKid mm, tagging a release wouldn't be so sufficient, as XTinyTerror use submodule libxputty. So, it will require a tar ball upload to get a usable release tar ball. As mentioned above, I create XTinyTerror to do something I love, between the work I'm forced to do as maintainer of guitarix. So, sorry man, no release tag for now. Maybe after the next guitarix release I'll look into again and do a proper release, but it is possible that I do the one or the other simulation in between before, as well without a proper release tag.
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:10 pm @funkmuscle Hi, I'm glad you like it.
@Bella Let me know your findings with this simulation.
@SpotlightKid mm, tagging a release wouldn't be so sufficient, as XTinyTerror use submodule libxputty. So, it will require a tar ball upload to get a usable release tar ball. As mentioned above, I create XTinyTerror to do something I love, between the work I'm forced to do as maintainer of guitarix. So, sorry man, no release tag for now. Maybe after the next guitarix release I'll look into again and do a proper release, but it is possible that I do the one or the other simulation in between before, as well without a proper release tag.
Is there a Black TinyTerror? The heavier sounding Orange amp?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 pm Is there a Black TinyTerror? The heavier sounding Orange amp?
Dude, you know me very well right now, it seems. It's exactly what you could expect as next. :twisted:
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:31 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 pm Is there a Black TinyTerror? The heavier sounding Orange amp?
Dude, you know me very well right now, it seems. It's exactly what you could expect as next. :twisted:
I figured that much buddy but I felt like asking! :D
tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

Thanks for another great plugin! I can report success with it in Mixbus6, but was able to crash the DAW while fiddling with the GUI (never with the generic controls, though).
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

tseaver wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 am Thanks for another great plugin! I can report success with it in Mixbus6, but was able to crash the DAW while fiddling with the GUI (never with the generic controls, though).
Please ensure you've the latest version from yesterday, I've pushed 2 fixes since I announce it here.
I didn't have mixbus6, just ardour6, still I guess they should behave the same. I wasn't able to crash it. Please, could you describe some steps to make the crash reproducible so I could fix it.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

@tseaver
Thanks for reporting, I was now able to reproduce and fix the issue.
All, please do a make clean, git pull and make && make install to fetch the fix.
On the road again.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

From your amps, what is most 'metal' amp? Modern metal amp is what I would need.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tavasti wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:11 pm From your amps, what is most 'metal' amp? Modern metal amp is what I would need.
yep modern metal. Like the AMT preamp tube pedals.. Or the LeLead preamp from TwoNotes
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Tried XTinyTerror, ubuntu 18.04, with Mixbus 5. Looks like when closing window, it is crashing. Windowmanager is awesome wm.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM