Galeb checks in

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Galeb_G4
Established Member

Galeb checks in

Post by Galeb_G4 »

Hello everyone!

I've created an account on here because I want to start composing electronic music but don't know where to start :lol: my objective for now is to create some simple music themes for the background soundtrack of a retro styled shoot'em up game, like Tyrian for those who remember.
So, I'm a ccomplete newbie, but I'm willing to learn, and I'm not that hopeless since I actually starting coding some functions in that game, and they work!

See you soon on the forums.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Galeb checks in

Post by Michael Willis »

Galeb_G4 wrote:Hello everyone!
Hi Galeb, thanks for joining us. Let us know what questions you have, plenty of people here are willing to help.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Galeb_G4 wrote:Hello everyone!

I've created an account on here because I want to start composing electronic music but don't know where to start :lol: my objective for now is to create some simple music themes for the background soundtrack of a retro styled shoot'em up game, like Tyrian for those who remember.
So, I'm a ccomplete newbie, but I'm willing to learn, and I'm not that hopeless since I actually starting coding some functions in that game, and they work!

See you soon on the forums.
Hello,

since you are a beginner and want to make videogame music, I suggest you try LMMS since it ships with chiptune-style synths based on NES, Gameboy and C64 (and an FM synth you can use to make DOS and Sega Genesis/MegaDrive style sounds).
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Galeb_G4
Established Member

Post by Galeb_G4 »

Thanks, I've heard this name but wasn't exactly sure of what it was, now I've got a better idea of it :oops: and yes, I've seen that this forum is a goldmine, I'll try to learn as much as I can by myself and will only ask if I really don't get it!