Download for Linux

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gogulan

Download for Linux

Post by gogulan »

Hi!
You all may know this wonderful VST-Plugin for Drums: MT Power Drumkit 2 which is Freeware.

They're working on a native linux version but so far there's only a modified WINE-Version available
https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php

"We are working on a native Linux version!
If you want to get notified as soon as a native Linux version is available, just enter your email address
By doing this, you also vote for this version and create a demand which might encourage us to release it earlier."

Please subscribe in order for all of us to have a native linux version soon....

Cheers!
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Download for Linux

Post by sysrqer »

Cool, I didn't know that is available natively.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:Cool, I didn't know that is available natively.
not yet.. I use it sometimes to structure a song but I have to use windows then export the midi then run the midi through drumgizmo.
Doing this as we speak because even though this runs under wine, I can't drag and drop the midi tracks into Ardour, Reaper or Mixbus and Qtractor or MusE.
I can't wait for a fully native version for Linux.
JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

funkmuscle wrote:ugh this runs under wine, I can't drag and drop the midi tracks into Ardour, Reaper....
With this script, you can import the file in Reaper (no drag-and-drop, but it's better than nothing).

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2030985

I stopped using "built in" MIDI in drum plugins a while ago, so I haven't used this script. (By the time I would find a beat I wanted, I realized I could have programmed it in the MIDI editor at least as quickly.)
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

funkmuscle wrote:
not yet..
Ah I didn't check the download!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
not yet..
Ah I didn't check the download!
all good man!!! Trust me, I'm the master when it comes to missing stuff. :mrgreen:
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

JamesPeters wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:ugh this runs under wine, I can't drag and drop the midi tracks into Ardour, Reaper....
With this script, you can import the file in Reaper (no drag-and-drop, but it's better than nothing).

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2030985

I stopped using "built in" MIDI in drum plugins a while ago, so I haven't used this script. (By the time I would find a beat I wanted, I realized I could have programmed it in the MIDI editor at least as quickly.)
James you are so right. I'm working on a Black Sabbath cover and had a dude with an electronic kit play. Well for some reason his meter was off, mapping was off also so I said lemme check MT for beats. Well the beats was there. My bassist uses MT in Reaper on Windows more than I use as he uses it to write.
For me, it's faster to do like you and just open MusE and start my drums.
I am looking forward to to a native MT as it will help me out when I stuck..
JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

I think the idea of having a library of beats is useful for some people especially if used as a basis for an idea and/or jamming out something quickly. I seem to work backwards though, wanting the drums to match something so specifically that even using Ezdrummer2's library crammed full of extra MIDI (and its search features) didn't make it much faster. :)

I'll be completing a few kits for DrumGizmo soon, total file size (for the entire collection) is 3GB. I have a problem with my right ear at the moment though, so my final editing will have to wait a bit.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

JamesPeters wrote:I think the idea of having a library of beats is useful for some people especially if used as a basis for an idea and/or jamming out something quickly. I seem to work backwards though, wanting the drums to match something so specifically that even using Ezdrummer2's library crammed full of extra MIDI (and its search features) didn't make it much faster. :)

I'll be completing a few kits for DrumGizmo soon, total file size (for the entire collection) is 3GB. I have a problem with my right ear at the moment though, so my final editing will have to wait a bit.
wow that's amazing!! a real kit? I love the real kit sound of DG as you have the mic bleed etc.
JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

The kits were recorded by Vincent (tchackpoum.fr), of his drums. They have no bleed but there are room and overhead buses (both stereo). They sound great. There are 3 sets of toms, 5 snares, a bunch of cymbals, a few kicks...lots of stuff. Kicks have in/out/sub channels, snares have top/bottom channels. The room they were recorded in sounds good too (OH and room sound nice). It adds up to some pretty realistic sounding drum kits.

I did a bunch of housekeeping on the files, thinned them out (keeping the most consistent-sounding 2 round robins per articulation/velocity range), and made DrumGizmo kits. The testing is done and I need to go back and fix a few things (room channels that seem slightly delayed for some kit pieces, loudness of max velocity sample for one kit piece is a bit too quiet compared to the next...little things). Plus make choke groups/notes for the cymbals (so they can be choked by hitting a certain MIDI note). Finally I want to edit a set of toms to be more suited to metal (in my opinion). I need my ears working properly to do the rest of this though. :) Hopefully soon it'll be done.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

JamesPeters wrote:The kits were recorded by Vincent (tchackpoum.fr), of his drums. They have no bleed but there are room and overhead buses (both stereo). They sound great. There are 3 sets of toms, 5 snares, a bunch of cymbals, a few kicks...lots of stuff. Kicks have in/out/sub channels, snares have top/bottom channels. The room they were recorded in sounds good too (OH and room sound nice). It adds up to some pretty realistic sounding drum kits.

I did a bunch of housekeeping on the files, thinned them out (keeping the most consistent-sounding 2 round robins per articulation/velocity range), and made DrumGizmo kits. The testing is done and I need to go back and fix a few things (room channels that seem slightly delayed for some kit pieces, loudness of max velocity sample for one kit piece is a bit too quiet compared to the next...little things). Plus make choke groups/notes for the cymbals (so they can be choked by hitting a certain MIDI note). Finally I want to edit a set of toms to be more suited to metal (in my opinion). I need my ears working properly to do the rest of this though. :) Hopefully soon it'll be done.
That's amazing news. Hydrogen,Drumgizmo, MT Power Kit and a few more that I may have missed. That's amazing now that we have so many different options for laying down some drum tracks. This is both awesome news from you man and what this thread is all about. Hopefully we did not hide jacket too much.
JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

funkmuscle wrote:Hopefully we did not hide jacket too much.
I didn't intend to hide anyone's jacket. :D Sorry if I did! :D
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Could a mod or OP change the title of the thread to something less vague?
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

sysrqer wrote:change the title of the thread to something less vague
I'd better call that with a single non-breaking space. This way, it will look Zen as hell.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

JamesPeters wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Hopefully we did not hide jacket too much.
I didn't intend to hide anyone's jacket. :D Sorry if I did! :D
hahaha.. hijack or however it's spelled.. :D :D :D