Matching Equalizer

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

Re: Matching Equalizer

Post by sadko4u »

tramp wrote:Okay, thanks. Means sadko4u's fix work very well.
Thanks again sadko4u. :D
Please note that this fix is mostly wanted to be applied for all your plugins.
This will dramatically reduce CPU utilization, especially when multiple plugins are used.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

Please note that this fix is mostly wanted to be applied for all your plugins...
If you're referring to handling denormals?, don't forget that plug-ins are running in someone else's application / process, quite possibly with other plug-ins also present - therefore it might be considered impolite to reconfigure the FPU just because it suits what you want (this includes DAZ etc) you should also not make any assumptions. If other developers have been sensible you will likely get away with it, but the point is that you can't *know* what effects it may have. (If you are a guest in someone's house, don't re-arrange their furniture, so to speak... :) ). There are better ways to handle the issue (that quite possible date back to around the turn of the century, if not before)
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

mike@overtonedsp wrote:If you're referring to handling denormals?, don't forget that plug-ins are running in someone else's application / process, quite possibly with other plug-ins also present - therefore it might be considered impolite to reconfigure the FPU just because it suits what you want (this includes DAZ etc) you should also not make any assumptions. If other developers have been sensible you will likely get away with it, but the point is that you can't *know* what effects it may have. (If you are a guest in someone's house, don't re-arrange their furniture, so to speak... :) ).
Well, with this implementation, the FPU is configured only for the cycle time were the plug run. It's set and reset to the previous found settings on each cycle. So, only when a other plugin running in parallel in the same thread, it could be effected. This case, is rawly possible at all.

Means, each time, the guest leaves the house, the furniture is arranged back to what it was before. 8)
On the road again.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

tramp wrote:Means, each time, the guest leaves the house, the furniture is arranged back to what it was before. 8)
Exactly right.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

sysrqer wrote:This is amazing, a really big step for linux. Thank you and great work (perhaps my moaning didn't fall on deaf ears? 8) )

As a feature request it would be great to have a wet/dry so you can dial in a percentage of the effect.
Nice suggestion, done, called it "Morph", and, I've already a lot of fun with it. :D

Next on the list will be the reverse option.
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote:
sysrqer wrote:This is amazing, a really big step for linux. Thank you and great work (perhaps my moaning didn't fall on deaf ears? 8) )

As a feature request it would be great to have a wet/dry so you can dial in a percentage of the effect.
Nice suggestion, done, called it "Morph", and, I've already a lot of fun with it. :D

the new stuff added, will that change how it works right now? I mean it's like night and day when added to the Master bus.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote:the new stuff added, will that change how it works right now? I mean it's like night and day when added to the Master bus.
No.
As long as you keep the morph controller untouched ( or set it back to full in), it works as before. It's a additional option, to morph between dry and wet and it default to full wet, so it wouldn't interference with any of your saved settings.

As a side note, I found some calls which may produce -inf values under some circumstances, and fixed them. So, it may be possible that it works now flawless as well without reconfigure the FPU.
It could be checked when build with the following command:

Code: Select all

make SSE_CFLAGS=" -D NOSSE "
this will disable FUD and DAZ reconfiguration. If you are in the mod to check it out, and report back, it would be appreciated here.
On the road again.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:
Excellent, thanks for implementing the morph!

What do you mean by reverse? So that you can apply the inverse eq of a sound to a competing sound so that they sit well in a mix?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp buddy, you're making me a hero here with my wife. :D She said to tell you you're a life saver to her ears as this plugin is making me sound like a pro engineer.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

The plug-in sounds great, but even better is see the (open source) collaboration! Thanks to tramp and sadko4u!
d.healey
Established Member

Post by d.healey »

Thank you!
David Healey
YouTube - Free HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

You are welcome.
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Just want to say that this plugin really helps on the master bus to clean up the mix.
I'd get a profile of a song I really like how it sounds then match it up to my mix.
I've had so many folks ask what studio I got the final mix done at because of the professional quality sounds I've gotten..

I really thing you're onto something here tramp. Maybe focus on this as a final mix tool. Linux can really use something like this.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Thanks, buddy. I'm glade it turns out to be useful. :)
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

tramp wrote:Thanks, buddy. I'm glade it turns out to be useful. :)
Very useful bud!