VCV Rack 1.0 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

VCV Rack 1.0 released

Post by sysrqer »

Finally, the long awaited v1 has been released - https://vcvrack.com/Rack.html
The changelog is rather large but most notable changes are listed here - https://community.vcvrack.com/t/an-unof ... -changelog

There is a huge performance boost for me, not only in the multithreading (I was already using the Rcomian fork with this feature) but also the visuals and graphics. Now Rack opens very quickly and is so much more responsive.
lilith
Established Member

Re: VCV Rack 1.0 released

Post by lilith »

I'm not up to date, but is also the plugin Version updated?
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

lilith wrote:I'm not up to date, but is also the plugin Version updated?
Not all of them have been ported yet but most of the popular ones are on the way as far as I know. If you look on the vcvrack library page and sort by updated you can see which are already available in v1.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

I downloaded this and played around with it last night, and it is pretty cool. The interface is definitely better than the prerelease version I had been using before. I couldn't get polyphony working, though. I enabled polyphony on the midi input, and the cables got fatter to show visually that it was enabled, but it would still only play one note at a time from my midi controller. Not sure what I was doing wrong, and I tried changing every related polyphony setting. I'll play with it again tonight and see if maybe I was just doing something wrong.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

sysrqer wrote:
lilith wrote:I'm not up to date, but is also the plugin Version updated?
Not all of them have been ported yet but most of the popular ones are on the way as far as I know. If you look on the vcvrack library page and sort by updated you can see which are already available in v1.
Thanks, if I have a little bit more time I'll check it up. Have to make some new music atm. :D
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Hi i have a download version for gnu linux 64 bit...i Start vcv demo mode on debian buster and uses keyboard computer for generic play note,but ' don't recognized audio with setting on jack driver...

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Did you try selecting the port on the second line of Audio-8?
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

gennargiu wrote:...i Start vcv demo mode on debian buster and uses keyboard computer for generic play note,but ' don't recognized audio with setting on jack driver...
If you're trying to run the patch in your screenshot you need to select a device in the Audio module. Click where it says No Device, select your interface device, and you should be ready to rock.

Best,

dp
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

davephillips wrote:
gennargiu wrote:...i Start vcv demo mode on debian buster and uses keyboard computer for generic play note,but ' don't recognized audio with setting on jack driver...
If you're trying to run the patch in your screenshot you need to select a device in the Audio module. Click where it says No Device, select your interface device, and you should be ready to rock.

Best,

dp
Hi i select jack audio and from no device i have selected my maudio firewire solo,but don't out audio......
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

milo wrote:I downloaded this and played around with it last night, and it is pretty cool. The interface is definitely better than the prerelease version I had been using before. I couldn't get polyphony working, though. I enabled polyphony on the midi input, and the cables got fatter to show visually that it was enabled, but it would still only play one note at a time from my midi controller. Not sure what I was doing wrong, and I tried changing every related polyphony setting. I'll play with it again tonight and see if maybe I was just doing something wrong.
Polyphony worked last night. Not sure what I did differently, but whatever. This 1.0 release is nice!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

ok, i have solved problem out audio after setting my audio card firewire solo and jack driver and after konnect in qjack virtual cable :D It's a beautiful experimental rack modules.

gennaro
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

The Valley developer uses Linux. :-D
SYNTHFEST 2019 - VCVRack Updates And More To Come - https://youtu.be/mcWfMVgp9xY?t=144
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
christobal
Established Member

Post by christobal »

khz wrote:The Valley developer uses Linux. :-D
SYNTHFEST 2019 - VCVRack Updates And More To Come - https://youtu.be/mcWfMVgp9xY?t=144
The Valley reverb sounds sooo good!
Amp: Echolette M40 / NG51S Tape Echo
Strings: Martin D15M, Yamaha FG-180, Alhambra 5P, Yamaha Revstar