muse-git for arch

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: muse-git for arch

Post by funkmuscle »

Joermungand wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:I'll wait for it to be fixed in the git. none of these are building that's why I grabbed the git without using PKGBUILD
The last PKGBUILD linked in the post below built just fine here with the commit appended. Not only did it build, but the drum editor was also fully functional :mrgreen:!
aquilarubra wrote:I cannot retry at the moment, so I reupload my PKGBUILD. Maybe I changed something after the initial post. This one is the one I personally used, which compiled fine. If there are issues again, I will investigate.
I keep getting this error.

Code: Select all

==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    muse-git ... Skipped
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Creating working copy of muse-git git repo...
Cloning into 'muse-git'...
done.
Switched to a new branch 'makepkg'
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Starting build()...
sed: -e expression #1, char 54: unterminated `s' command
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build muse-git.
==> Restart building muse ? [y/N]
(I've built this on my system from AUR before so I'm not to sure why this happens that's why I build directly from the git.)
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

a note that i successfully managed to build with the second PKGBUILD last night (not that i tried the first)

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

milk wrote:a note that i successfully managed to build with the second PKGBUILD last night (not that i tried the first)
So does anyone know what that are messages that I'm getting? It seemed to be an issue with sed.
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

hmm. the PKGBUILDs are the same. strange if it's failing for you.

what specific sed line is stopping the process? comment all of them but one out and try running.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

aquilarubra
Established Member

Post by aquilarubra »

That's strange. The sed command basically adds python 3.7 compatibility by changing a call and adding a structure. It should be modified in git, or a patch should be made instead of the sed command. The actual PKGBUILD won't compile without the sed command, as you would have to use python 2.7.

Try to run makepkg as root. Maybe it just fails because of permission issues.

Also try to reinstall sed:
pacman -S sed
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

Joermungand wrote: The last PKGBUILD linked in the post below built just fine here with the commit appended. Not only did it build, but the drum editor was also fully functional :mrgreen:!
I believe it is indeed functional in most cases, the question at hand is the drawing of snap lines (unless me and the reporter are in fact experiencing different issues). The lines for bar and beat are always drawn but depending on the snap setting and how much we are zoomed in, additional snap lines are drawn.
Now, what has changed is that we never draw all snap lines, at most every other snap line is drawn.
Haven't figured out how to fix this yet.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:
Joermungand wrote: The last PKGBUILD linked in the post below built just fine here with the commit appended. Not only did it build, but the drum editor was also fully functional :mrgreen:!
I believe it is indeed functional in most cases, the question at hand is the drawing of snap lines (unless me and the reporter are in fact experiencing different issues). The lines for bar and beat are always drawn but depending on the snap setting and how much we are zoomed in, additional snap lines are drawn.
Now, what has changed is that we never draw all snap lines, at most every other snap line is drawn.
Haven't figured out how to fix this yet.
yep that's my issue.
how do I pull from git the branch you suggested I try? I can build MusE when pulled from git without the PKGBUILD but using AUR, that built before and nothing has changed with sed. Even did what Milk suggested and it won't build anymore.

Code: Select all

what is the command to get the branch that was suggested using git commands?
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

funkmuscle wrote:I can build MusE when pulled from git without the PKGBUILD but using AUR
the muse in the AUR is a static version, not git backed.
funkmuscle wrote:Even did what Milk suggested and it won't build anymore.
there are four sed statements in the PKGBUILD. commenting out one is probably not going to help the entire build (as they are in there for a reason), but one of those four lines is giving you an error. (hopefully just one of the lines!) if you comment out all but one, if there is no sed error than that uncommented line is ok. once it has been confirmed that one line is ok, uncomment a second sed line.

(maybe there are multiple lines at fault though, which could also be confirmed by trying commenting out all but one sed line at a time)

to be frank though - this is well friggin weird. the PKGBUILD works, and sed doesn't magically fail on one machine when the process has been confirmed to work on another machine. i suspect instead the issue may be user error.

to try a different approach, i've taken the liberty of creating muse-git in the AUR with the PKGBUILD from the start of this thread. give that a try and see what happens.

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

milk wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:I can build MusE when pulled from git without the PKGBUILD but using AUR
the muse in the AUR is a static version, not git backed.
funkmuscle wrote:Even did what Milk suggested and it won't build anymore.
there are four sed statements in the PKGBUILD. commenting out one is probably not going to help the entire build (as they are in there for a reason), but one of those four lines is giving you an error. (hopefully just one of the lines!) if you comment out all but one, if there is no sed error than that uncommented line is ok. once it has been confirmed that one line is ok, uncomment a second sed line.

(maybe there are multiple lines at fault though, which could also be confirmed by trying commenting out all but one sed line at a time)

to be frank though - this is well friggin weird. the PKGBUILD works, and sed doesn't magically fail on one machine when the process has been confirmed to work on another machine. i suspect instead the issue may be user error.

to try a different approach, i've taken the liberty of creating muse-git in the AUR with the PKGBUILD from the start of this thread. give that a try and see what happens.
milk, you did it.. this builds.. thanks. I'll let you know once it's finished.

PS: got me up and running milk
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

yay, glad I could help some :)

I've orphaned the package on AUR as I don't use muse so someone else can maintain it if they wish

aquilarubra
Established Member

Post by aquilarubra »

I could do it, as I also made it. I just need a few days, because I am quite busy.