New CD - Matt Ashton - Love of Life

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

New CD - Matt Ashton - Love of Life

Post by MattKingUSA »

Hey, download my new CD at my website www.mattashton.com

-Matt

I'm going to be adding the cd art too for download. It was my friends idea. And yes, I'm Matt King but I play with the name Matt Ashton. Cuz there are like a billion Matt King's that are doing the same thing as me.
-Matt

ScottL
Established Member

Post by ScottL »

I still really like She Calls Me Love.

That is a really good song.
[font=Comic Sans MS]Drunky | SubGenius[/font]
[font=newsprint]Fat Drunk Bastards[/font]
SubGenius
The headroom is there to handle transients - not the "weight" of the entire signal.

MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

ScottL wrote:I still really like She Calls Me Love.

That is a really good song.
Thanks, do you live near Dallas? You should come to the shows and buy a bunch of stuff from the venues. I'm giving out all my CDs. I'm working on reproduction right now. It's too much work sometimes. I just bought a new printer but my rpm database is locked and it's giving me some curl failed with 7 error. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

EDIT: Just so you know, this actualy makes me feel a lot better. My friend Mike hates that song. He gets angry when he hears it.
-Matt

becks
Established Member

Re: New CD - Matt Ashton - Love of Life

Post by becks »

MattKingUSA wrote:Hey, download my new CD at my website www.mattashton.com
Matt, another great album
thanks for sharing

studio32
Established Member

Post by studio32 »

Congrats Matt!
Good voice!

religion/ faith.. always a good inspiration for making music.. allthough (I didn't listen for too long) you seems to make almost alone 'gospel' songs... Don't be to much in the church with church people.. I like to hear some more raw songs too ;)

edit: I don't say it's no good to be in church or go around with church people... I say don't be in church or with that community alone ;)
.. no offence ...

Keep on rocking!
Last edited by studio32 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Non-Session-Manager | FYI: Arch Linux / KXstudio do offer graphically less optimized packages (without NTK toolkit) of the original NSM GUI since June 2020. Original NSM GUI with NTK toolkit here

MattKingUSA

Re: New CD - Matt Ashton - Love of Life

Post by MattKingUSA »

becks wrote:
MattKingUSA wrote:Hey, download my new CD at my website www.mattashton.com
Matt, another great album
thanks for sharing
Thanks Becks
-Matt

briwood
Established Member

Post by briwood »

Hey Matt,

Great work with the album. That must have been quite a project. You did a nice job with the mixing and production - I'm no expert on this - but it sounds good!

I like the story and the message in "Worthless." Most of the commercial Christian music I hear on the radio doesn't deal with "real" and sometimes ugly domestic issues.

MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA »

briwood wrote:Hey Matt,

Great work with the album. That must have been quite a project. You did a nice job with the mixing and production - I'm no expert on this - but it sounds good!

I like the story and the message in "Worthless." Most of the commercial Christian music I hear on the radio doesn't deal with "real" and sometimes ugly domestic issues.
Yeah, I hear a lot of music that if they do address the issue there is a happy end. But I didn't think it was apropriate to add one to that song. It's not a happy situation or a happy outcome. Well, thanks for the compliments on the sound. I actualy rushed through it a little. But I'm glad that it came out sounding good.
-Matt